The Control is simply amazing

by outsmartthesystem 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Who says we have to go anywhere?"

Right. So, how do you get past this? It's a problem of authority. (1) The authority of the Bible and (2) the authority of the Scriptures.

When you empower a person to think for himself, he can then evaluate both the organization and what is written in the Bible, and then decide for himself what makes sense and he can also decide what he wants to do with the information. Decisions are no longer made out of fear of dying at Armageddon, which may come as early as tomorrow.

Members of high-control groups are obsesed with being special. They believe that everyone outside of the group is spiritually blind and misled. When they can think for themselves, they can learn that billions of people on the planet have a faith that is as real as theirs. Further, the faith of others is based upon -- a unique interpretation of Scripture -- just like their own.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think there are a few witlesses that can "prove" 607 using the Bible alone. They know which scriptures out of the Not Well Translated version to take out of context, and how to spin it so 607 is "proven". I believe the False Reasoning book gives instructions on that one.

But, if the Washtowel was the truth, why is there not even one single secular piece of evidence claiming 607?

• Bella15
    Bella15

Great logic Atrapado. Keep up your PERSONAL study of the Bible. Welcome by the way. Ana

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"You don't even need to go that far. Tell her to PROVE to you, and arrive at 1914CE - using the BIBLE as the only tool. Can't be done... "

But that is when she engages her circular reasoning methods. "of course you can't arrive at 1914 using JUST the bible! That's why we NEED the faithful slave!"

"Try going through the latest 607 magazines, asking questions you get from the threads on them and from Doug Mason."

This doesn't work either. Because when you point out willful deception or claims that are not backed up (such as the ever famous "research" that was done by unnamed.....ahem....Furuli......sources that "proves" the lunar positions fit 607 as opposed to 587) she simply says...."that's beyond my level of knowledge.....there HAS to be an answer......SEE! this is why we NEED the elders here so they can explain it to us!"

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Is your wife willing to read Crisis of Conscious?"

No. Although she has read a little of what Jonsson wrote...she views his work as being simply factual (or trying to be) in regard to history and astronomy. She would view Franz as being a disgruntled ex that is only trying a smear tactic.

"One thing that made me doubt about 1914 was the reference of Psalm 110:1. This was before I read CoC. We use that text to say look when Jesus went to the heavens he didn't start his rule he had to wait until God would put his enemies as his footstool. If you think about it one of his enemies is Satan, so how come he rid the heavens of Satan after he started his rule. Also one of the references to PSlams 110:1 is 1Corinthians 15:25,26 and there it says Jesus would be ruling until his enemies including death would become his footstools, nothing happend to death in 1914. So you can't use Psalms to say Jesus had to wait is the other way around. Compare that to Matthew 28:18 if Jesus received a ll authority why didn't he start to rule at that moment? Those texts made me doubt of 1914 hence 607."

Thank you. These are good suggestions.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Outsmartthesystem, if you ask your wife to study the "good news" according to Paul with you, and she agrees, you will have got her started on a one-way out of the Watchtower - and she will be the one doing all the heavy lifting. It took our family 3½ years.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Outsmartthesystem, if you ask your wife to study the "good news" according to Paul with you, and she agrees, you will have got her started on a one-way out of the Watchtower - and she will be the one doing all the heavy lifting. It took our family 3½ years."

I've tried something similar. She will not study the bible without publications. Her reasoning is that we peasants aren't smart enough to read the bible for what it says. We NEED the GB to interpret it for us. If we were to study the bible by ourselves and come to a different conclusion that what the GB says we should then that is in her mind....."proof that Satan makes himself into an angel of light.....even taking God's Holy word and making it seem like it says something other than what God's channel has approved".

I am seriously ill at this point

Not to mention drinking more than I should be.

I despise this cult and now understand why so many former members are so bitter

• atrapado
    atrapado

Outsmartthesystem I feel your pain I really do. I have shown my wife the lies, failed prophecies, and the damage they have cause to thousands of people. She tells me "it just doesn't feel like that." When those things don't affect you directly is easy for someone to detach themselfs of all the wrongs the WT has done. And I know the biggest issue for my wife are her friends and family. I have family in it and technically am still a JW. I want to be patient and see how it turns out. I tell her listen if I give my letter of DAs they might ask you if you believe the GB is the only channel from God what are you going to tell them? She says she'll tell them she doesn't know.

But I think the best thing we can do is to lead by example. If you show your wife that you can be happy and a good husband not believing on the WT and that you don't need the GB to be a good person, that might have more weight than anything you say to her. I know is not easy when I first found out the TATT I felt like crap, people around me could tell I was detach and that something was wrong. I honestly can say I feel so much better now. I read Steve Hassans books and that help me find some peace. And I know that getting my wife out might take years. For sure there are many challenges with my wife, congregation, and my family, but I learn not to fear men and not to let others judge me or pressure me to do something I don't want. Lets be happy to know what we know and try to change what we can and not stress about things we cannot change. Easier said than done.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Thanks atrapado. Your words are encouraging

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I second the recommendation to read Crisis of Conscience. Until you are no longer captive to the concept that the Borg is "God's Organization" you aren't mentally equipped to doubt anything they say, regardless of the evidence shown to you from the scientists and archaeologists of "Satan's wicked world."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit