The Control is simply amazing

by outsmartthesystem 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

At the kind advice of so many of you (and Hassan) on this board....I ceased attempting to discuss doctrine/failures with my wife many months ago. But unfortunately that does not prevent her from grilling me from time to time. During one of our infamous "discussions" she said she was going to "investigate" this supposed "proof" that is out there regarding 587BC. To her credit she has spent quite some time researching the topic.....even reading a bit of The Gentile Times Reconsidered. Her conclusion? She looked at me and said....."I've looked at all of it...and there is no more evidence for 587BC then there is for 607". At that point, I could not help myself. I felt the need to go through each piece of evidence with her. The synchronic links with egyptian history. The fact that cuneiform documents can be found for every month of every year of the accepted Neo-Babylonian rule.....yet not one for the 20 years that the society needs for their accounting. The celestial observations. Everything. No matter what I came up with...she came up with a wild assed excuse. No cuneiform documents? Her response was they just haven't dug enough to find them. When I brought up that the documents that have been discovered have been found all over the country side over a number of decades.....and that by her logic....somehow...someway the documents that prove the additional 20 years of reign that the society needs.....must be all perfectly clumped together in an unfindable spot....she simply said "well........that is clearly what has happened".

And then it hit me. This woman has been conditioned so heavily to believe no matter what that it does not matter what information is presented....she doesn't see it. What floors me is that she isn't in willful denial....like I guessed would happen. I thought she would investigate.....find how much info there truly is supporting 587BC and then say...."I know it seems overwhelming....but my gut tells me to stick with the organization anyway". But no. She will look me in the eyes and say that the info supporting 587 to her isn't impressive at all.

In essence she honestly looks at the knife.....blade dripping with blood and DNA of the victim.....the handle covered in the fingerprints and hair fibers of the defendant and says "I don't see any connection between the defendant and the victim".

For some witnesses.....especially those that are older.....the truth about "the truth" is simply too much to handle. They see the problems. They know in their heart that it isn't the truth....but they hold on to that last shred of hope because letting go is too painful. I am not saying I agree with that POV....but I understand it. I get it. Then there are others....like my wife. Is it really possible that she looks at all the evidence and truly doesn't see it? I think the answer is yes. The control that the borg exerts is so powerful that it prevents her mind from processing the importance of evidence against their teachings. At this point I am confident that God himself could visit her and tell her that the society is full of shit.....and she would say "that was Satan posing as God.....I must not allow him to destroy my faith".

Simply........amazing

• sinis
    sinis

You don't even need to go that far. Tell her to PROVE to you, and arrive at 1914CE - using the BIBLE as the only tool. Can't be done...

• sinis
    sinis

http://orthocath.wordpress.com/2011/09/05/critiquing-the-watchtowers-latest-defense-607-chronology/

Tell your wife that this is how the WTS ORIGINALLY came up with 1914CE, only later when pyramidology fell out of favor did they find a new method to an old problem...

http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/russellspyramid.htm

"In the passages of the Great Pyramid of Gizeh the agreement of one or two measurements with the present-truth chronology might seem accidental, but the correspondency of dozens of measurements proves that the same God designed both pyramid and plan..." (Watchtower 1922 June 15 p.187. This reference is not available on 1993/1995/1999 Watchtower CD-Rom)
    In his Studies in the Scriptures series of books he wrote:

"So, then, if we measure backward down the "First Ascending Passage" to its junction with the "Entrance Passage," we shall have a fixed date to mark upon the downward passage. This measure is 1542 inches, and indicates the year BC 1542, as the date at that point. Then measuring down the "Entrance Passage" from that point, to find the distance to the entrance of the "Pit," representing the great trouble and destruction with which this age is to close, when evil will be overthrown from power, we find it to be 3416 inches, symbolizing 3416 years from the above date, BC 1542. This calculation shows AD. 1874 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble; for 1542 years BC plus 1874 years AD. equals 3416 years. Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1874 was the chronological beginning of the time of trouble such as was not since there was a nation -- no, nor ever shall be afterward. And thus it will be noted that this "Witness" fully corroborates the Bible testimony on this subject..." (Charles Taze Russell, Thy Kingdom Come, Studies In The Scriptures, vol. 3, 1904 edition).

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

What would be the best way to explain the 607 and 586/587 BC discrepency to my JW wife. Who is willing to see the evidence. I have Gentile Times Reconsidered but it is a very tough read. Are there any other ways to discuss this and break it down to something easier to understand?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I think it is alleymom who has a KISS (keep it simple stupid) post on the date using watchtower literature.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's the programming. I've ceased most conversations with my friends who are still in. The excuses for lack of facts is truly amazing. They just make it up. yup. just create history where it needs to exist.

No matter what u put in front of them, even their own publications, they wil not listen. One JW I know uses the, "Well I spoke to a CO and he said this" excuse time and again.

People will believe what they want to believe and JW's certainly don't have the market cornered on blind faith. We were just unlucky enough to accept it as fact at one time.

Honestly I would avoid anymore of these conversations unless u want a divorce.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I had a conversation similar to this semi recently. It was about the annointed. I pointed out an article that stated the large number of Christians killed by Nero in the 1st century. I beleive it was about 20k. So then I thought well how many didn't die? It was obvious that the 144k was filled in the 1st centruy according to JW beleifs. So then I asked her what the validity of those who claim they are annointed now is? She just wouldn't answer with anything more than "I don't know". I knew she had already tuned me out. It was pathetic

• Ding
    Ding

Outsmartthesystem,

I have seen this type of blindness in others as well. They really don't see what is right in front of them.

David Reed writes about how he used to show JWs that Revelation 19:1 talks about a great crowd in heaven. He would have them read the verse out loud and ask him where the great crowd is located. They would say, "The great crowd is on earth." He would have them read it out loud again. They would read "in heaven" and still insist that that means the great crowd is on earth. No explanation. That's just the way it is because the WTS says so over and over and they speak for God.

He couldn't even get them to consider the POSSIBILITY that the WTS was wrong.

Of course, when the WT comes out with "new light," JWs change on a dime and quickly forget that the WT ever taught anything else.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

i know exactly what you mean.

the control is something you almost have to experiance to believe. how a person will defy all logic to stay controlled.

i strongly believe that religions are satans attempt to twist god and make the humans sin by adhereing to the rules of man.

but some don't get it. and they don't want to get it. which is strange, because the REAL TRUTH is uplifting and answers the big questions. which helps to lead to a fulfilling life in this world.

they are scared to leave the jail cell. they are afraid of the big world without old jehovah on their back. they don't want to. they WANT the jdub paradise to be true. it's so much easyer that way. there is a plan and steps and a goal. books to guide you through anything. real life is difficult to them.

so where does that leave us? are we special for figuring it out? were we special for being brainwashed?

are we mentally superior?

i believe that certain ones are chosen and then tested by everyone else around them. like job.

my parents and siblings are all jdubs still. brother is still mentally in.... i left at 15.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ding I'm going to try that tonight. That exact scritpture

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit