The Control is simply amazing

by outsmartthesystem 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• atrapado
    atrapado

About the OP.

Is your wife willing to read Crisis of Conscious? Before I read the book for many years I had read many arguments about our doctrines, and some scandals like the UN NGO and silentlambs. I even read about the 607. Even if those were disturbing to me I would always find a crazy way to defend the WT. But once I read CoC I realize that it was a man made organization and I went back to check all those arguments and be more objective about them. Before CoC even if the evidence was 99.99% agains what I belive, to me the GB was God's channel so they knew better.

One thing that made me doubt about 1914 was the reference of Psalm 110:1. This was before I read CoC. We use that text to say look when Jesus went to the heavens he didn't start his rule he had to wait until God would put his enemies as his footstool. If you think about it one of his enemies is Satan, so how come he rid the heavens of Satan after he started his rule. Also one of the references to PSlams 110:1 is 1Corinthians 15:25,26 and there it says Jesus would be ruling until his enemies including death would become his footstools, nothing happend to death in 1914. So you can't use Psalms to say Jesus had to wait is the other way around. Compare that to Matthew 28:18 if Jesus received a ll authority why didn't he start to rule at that moment? Those texts made me doubt of 1914 hence 607.

• atrapado
    atrapado

Not sure why it keeps bolding just that part of the text I didn't want to bold anything.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Maybe these mustard seeds you plant now will germinate later. Jesus asked questions to make people think.

Ask her to explain Jeremiah 25:12. When does it say the 70 years would end? If 539 and we count back 70 years to 609 BC, what event in Babyonian history leading it to be the dominant world power? So the 70 years of Jeremiah pertain to what then--Babylonian dominance or the Jewish Exile?

As for Jeremiah 29:10, most modern translations say "for Babylon", not "at Babylon"--why is that? What did the original Hebrew indicate?

Also if one reads Ezra chapters 1 to 3--what year do the Jews return? Can she point to where it proved the 7th month of 537 BC? Why does it seem to indicate the 7th month of 538?

In Zechariah 7:1-4, pinpointing it is the year 518 BC, why do the Jews ask whether to continue the Exile fasting as they had for the past 70 years? And if we count back 70 years from 518 BC, what year does that give us?

In Haggai 2:2,3 does it make more sense that he addresses 70-somethings that saw the Temple destoryed in 587 versus 90-somethings who saw it destoryed in 607?

The devastations(s) in Daniel 9:2, did it refer to the Exile only? Or the series of events on Jerusalem and the temple from 609 to 587 BCE? (Josiah's death, having the temple looted, having puppet king's installed, finally the destruction and Exile)

• Londo111
    Londo111

Forgive my typos--it's past my bedtime!!!

• nugget
    nugget

I remember the society talking about Pontus Pilate and how there was no evidence for his existence. Then evidence was discovered and the society uses this example as why we should "wait on Jehovah" for evidence to be found. This means that lack of evidence must be the fault of archeologists and not the fact that it just does not exist. This is an easy out for people who do not really want to challenge their belief systems.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The JWs are all in a mental 'huddle' waiting for the day that some yet to be born archaeologist finds that 'clumped together mass of evidence' buried in a toilet cistern of an ancient king...

Oz

• etna
    etna

Some one showed me a scripture the other day and I nearly fell over and I had to read it 2 or 3 times to see if it really says what is written. Its Hebrews 11:13-16. Look it up and see where the faithful ones of old were looking forward too!!!!!!!!!!

Etna

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Ask her: "If undeniable evidence existed that the 70 years did not begin in 607bce would you change your belief or just continue believe whatever the Watchtowe Bible & Tract Society tells you?"

• life is to short
    life is to short

Living WT has it right when he said "Where else could she go? <------- This is the problem."

My husband even though he sees all the problems still says but they are the only one who teach the truth about the Bible.
    It is so frustrating.

LITS

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Seeking truth that is veiled by lies is like steadily pulling on a loose thread of a garmet. The more you pull the thread the more of the veil is removed. Why stop with "Jehovah's Witnesses have it all wrong"?

"Where would she go?" Who says we have to go anywhere?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit