Is this world ruled by Demons and are we?

by Mindchild 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

To me, one of the most pathetic and lamest of all Watchtower teachings is the fantasy that Satan and the demons rule the world. The Witnesses are terrified of these demons getting into their minds through everything from wearing old clothes bought at the thrift store to smoking cigarettes (remember all drugs give demons easy access to your mind.)

They would have you believe that each country on Earth is controlled by really big mean and tough demons (hey demons can’t be nice you know) and they are actively controlling the minds of the political leaders in a global chess game because they have nothing better to do.

I was wondering then if anyone can show me a single itsy bitsy tiny amount of evidence to show any credible physical evidence or logical/metaphysical reasoning to back the JW ideological boogey men. I would be especially interested in seeing how anyone who believes in demons might reason that minds are being controlled by demons. How do you think this is possible? Do you think demons only symbolically control the world or do you think they actually possess people? Do you think George Bush is demonized for example?

I’ve also wondered how many demons do you think there are? When I was a dub, I heard once that there were literally thousands of demons because they came to Earth before the flood and were having sex in human bodies.

I’m not so much fishing for Biblical answers as I am trying to understand why some people believe this story. I remember when I asked questions way back then in my pioneering days, nobody had any answers…is there new light?

Skipper

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Mindchild,

Don't be blind Mindchild. You been reasearching to much collage materials and not enough bible and newspaper reading.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Correction "college"

• HenryP
    HenryP

It makes sense when we examine what governments have been capable of.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Mindchild,

My wife has never been a JW, but she has the same mindset as some JWs on demons. Last night she said the demons can get into you when you get knocked on the head, like in a car reck. I just laughed at her. Since leaving the JWs I don't beleive in the Devil or demons. Her sister said that she saw a demon in our house years ago. There were demons in her mother's house years ago, in a certain bed room according to her dad. It's strange how religion can affect your mind.

Ken P.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, first of all, the Bible says that there are at least 100 million angels (Daniel speaks of 10,000 times 10,000 standing before God).

The idea that each nation has its own demon arises from an obscure Bible verse that speaks of an angel who was detained by the "Prince" of some nation or other, and only managed to get away when Michael intervened.

As for "real proof", forget it. You'd be better off trying to prove the existance of spider man.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Fred...are you a demonized cat? Do you think that all cats are demonized or is it just apostate cats?

For real though...Have you ever been scared of demons Fred?

Skipper

• openminded
    openminded

Yea the entire demon thing is nuts. I have noticed that many witnesses have had "demon experience" but with my "worldly" friends, they never think or talk about such nonsense.

I think that all in all, its just easy to blame Satan for bad and give God credit for the good. Its certainly easier than accepting or assigning rsposibilty for our own actions.

When it comes to proving demon activity, facts are a bitch.

om

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I think I'm demon-possessed. I come to this board!

j2bf

• Francois
    Francois

They ain't no debbil, and they ain't no demons. Jesus locked 'em up when he left here and they still in jail.

Tha's just anuther boggey man story the JWs use to frighten spiritual chillens.

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit