Divine Flan of the Ages - Recipes for Disaster [with thanks to Punk of Nice!]

by ziddina 24 Replies latest social humour

• rebel8
    rebel8

That was a true story. Every bit.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember one year the divine planners screwed up and made too much divine flan. It was a CA. I guess there were a few weddings that weekend, holidays and such and we had about 800 sandwiches left over. As we contemplated what to do with all the extra food, One elder, (my former FIL) started putting the sandwiches into piles and assigned them to us. He told us to take them home and have them for book study and meeting for field service. I started to balk as this food had been out for some time already. Well taking the hint from my wife, we grabbed our assigned pile of divine stink, drove around the corner to a super market, and dumped the holyness in the trash.

I guess those soggy, salty, gooey, "sandwiches" weren't going to spread their cheer anytime soon

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

In the UK they stopped doing catering at A$$€m ? £ i€$. Health ans safety or penny pinching or avoiding law suits for food poisoning?

Funny, because out of all the DFing 'sins' the WBT$ uses to control it's victims 'gluttony' isn't one of them.............

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

LOL Rebel8 I believe every word of your story. Been there, done that, too, except for the napkin headcovering. Our hall kept a hidious looking ladies hat in the back room but a greasy napkin would have been more attractive.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

3rdgen - I remember making tea in a large urn. We put the loose tea in a stocking and tied the open end up.

I presume it wasn't a used stocking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit