Does the Watchtower Society have the "Biggest Lie" ever published?

by Terry 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life

The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life was a Bible study textbook published in 1968 and revised in 1981 (now out of print).
    The 1990 edition of the Guinness Book of Records included this book under its heading "Highest Printings".

According to the Guinness Book, by May 1987 it had reached 106,486,735 copies, in 116 languages.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think I see what you are asking. You are suggesting that Watchtower has the highest number of printed materials containing their huge lie.

It could be.

• Terry
    Terry

NOT ONLY did the Watchtower Society circulate a huge failure of a lie around the world but they did it in the NAME OF JEHOVAH!

If promoting a very embarassing event under the authority of Jehovah is not blasphemy; what is it, then?

HUBRIS!!

Look at the opening paragraph. What follows the rhetorical question: " But, Wati! How do we know their calculations are correct?"

How do they answer as to the AUTHORITY and ASSURANCE of the 1975 prediction?

They damn themselves into being totally irresponsible in their lies. JEHOVAH is to blame!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'd say that the first four words of the Bible are definately the biggest lie ever published!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Nicolaou said, I'd say that the first four words of the Bible are definately the biggest lie ever published!

"In the beginning God..." (Gen 1:1)

Are you saying there is no God, which is all the 4 words say?

Or are you going past the 4 words, and saying God didn't create things?

Not taking issue here, just trying to get what you meant.

• Terry
    Terry

As Aristotle said, "a lie is to say the opposite of what you hold in your own mind to be true."

You can be wrong and think you are right and say it without lying.

The pre-Governing Body FDS was itself a lie.

• cofty
    cofty
    He said, "Witnesses will not be involved in social work or charitable work, for one thing the end of the world as we know it is imminent so why bother?"

A bit off topic but isn't it a disgusting attitude?

• Terry
    Terry

Jehovah's Witnesses imagine themselves to be heroic, noble and blessed when, in fact, they are wallflowers, under-achievers and morally indifferent to the actual needs of humanity (whom they despise.)

The way you can tell if a JW is lying? If their mouth is moving!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Witnesses will not be involved in social work or charitable work, for one thing the end of the world as we know it is imminent so why bother?"

After leaving the wtbts, this is one of the things that really made me think. They take advantage of the world, but don't help anyone but themselves. A very bad attitude.

• Londo111
    Londo111

It all comes down to 1914....how much time is given to that doctrine? How much of their authority as the FDS comes from it? All of it! And 1914 is dependent on 607 BCE…and 607 BCE is the Achilles Heel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit