Does the Watchtower Society have the "Biggest Lie" ever published?

by Terry 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Hi Terry

what page is that old truth book scan on?

Ummm, don't know, Aussie. I grabbed the scan using Googole! I've had several opportunities to obtain and old Truth book, but, it made me sick just to hold one in my hand. Weird, huh?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________---

Fred Franz could have said anything and nobody would have challenged him about it!

The hubris of the man thinking he could pass off guesswork, conjecture and leaps of imagination as FACTUAL we can owe to the lack of an internal

review at Watchtower headquarters!

I love the use of such words as "Obviously" and "evidently". When you see those you should substitute (we have no facts).

• blondie
    blondie

I vote for the end is coming in 1925 prophecy and that Abraham and the other "ancient worthies" were going to be resurrected instantly as perfect men to rules as kings in earthly Jerusalem. I was 40 years old and had been a jw for 37 years and had never heard of this. I heard of it on John Ankerberg's show in the WT book The Way to Paradise. I'm not surprised that the number of partakers dropped by 90,000 to 25,000 in one year.

1920 'Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old' (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, p. 89-90)

1920 "Based upon the argument heretofore set forth, then, that the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die." (Millions Now Living Will Never Die. 1920 p. 97)

1922 "We have no doubt whatever in regard to the chronology relating to the dates of 1874, 1914, 1918, and 1925. It was on this line of reckoning that the dates 1874, 1914, and 1918 were located; and the Lord has placed the stamp of his seal upon 1914 and 1918 beyond any possibility of erasure. What further evidence do we need? Using this same measuring line.... it is an easy matter to locate 1925, probably in the fall, for the beginning of the antitypical jubilee. There can be no more question about 1925 than there was about 1914." (Watchtower, p. 150, May 15, 1922)

1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." (Watchtower, p. 106, March 1, 1923)

1924 "The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914. (Watchtower 1924, p. 211)

1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year." (Watchtower, Jan. 1, 1925, p. 3)
    1926 "Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything." (Watchtower 1926 p. 232.)

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1925.php

• Terry
    Terry

I suppose I should have worded my topic more carefully.

Most of Jehovah's Witness lies are huge enough to qualify.

I was aiming at the VOLUME of actual printed copies put into the hands of people.

I love how JW's always attribute obvious factual errors to the "only human" people working at the Society without

demanding accountability asking how they were disciplined for such humiliating scorn to be heaped upon Jehovah.

There IS NO ACCOUNTABILITY for any of the lies, errors, factual mistakes, omissions, flip-flips and denials. Rank and file

are EXPECTED to treat FLOPS as worthy dying for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit