Recent C.O. visit: Bad news re: U.S. English meeting attendance

by Open mind 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

I was always energized by the END of the meeting. Sometimes I just watched the second hand on the clock for 10 minutes at a time. I guess subconsciously I didn't like being mind controlled.

-Sab

• sweet pea
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

Thats the next market. Once the growth stops for the foriegn language congregations, the growth is over. It's really obvious in California

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Chickens coming home to roost never did make me sad; they've always made me glad."

• 00DAD
    00DAD

LWT: Would you mind translating that into English for the obtuse? Thanks!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Ohhhh. A late epiphany: so they brow beat people into attending meetings, even if they are dying with flu or strep throat, because they fear a trend in the percentage of meeting counts dropping.... permanently.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Honestly, the only meeting I enjoyed was the book study. I hardly ever made it out in field service on a Saturday. I did a tiny bit of midweek and informal witnessing.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Wizard makes a great point. The first congregation we were involved with was a great place. Meetings were tolerable because it was a chance to hang out with friends, and the information was a lot more interesting in those days. Now it seems that they are actively discouraging social activities and I haven't seen a new thought in a WT publication in ten years (except for idiocy like the overlapping generations that gets thrown out once in a while).

If they want to know why people aren't going to meetings that need only to look in a mirror. When they make meetings worth going to, people will go. As it stands people are voting with their feet. It isn't about "truth" or doctrine or who doesn't celebrate holidays. It is about the fact that being a JW is meaningless and boring.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

this is great news!

Can you imagine how all these people with kids put up with night meetings?

My kids have more than 1 hr of homework at night, and are usually tired after that!

They just don't get it!

• Violia
    Violia

I spent the entire mid 90's watching Seinfeld. I just could not be bothered any longer on some meetings. If I did make it to the MS/SM I had a hard time staying awake.I would have so enjoyed Muslan's Bullsh*t Bingo at that time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit