Recent C.O. visit: Bad news re: U.S. English meeting attendance

by Open mind 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

3rdgen: I got exhausted justed reading your post! And boy does it bring back memories! Especially: 7:15pm to 7:30pm: Slap on a KH smile.

• Violia
    Violia

3rdgen . lol

• mrquik
    mrquik

I warms my heart hearing that this aberation is running out of steam. I sincerely hope their children see through the lies & leave in droves.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

3rd gen, it can be exhausting!

In todays talk, the bro said that worldly people work too much. In jah's people spirituality stuff should be Numero uno!

they are bad, we are good

repeat, and learn.

• Mary
    Mary
    He said that the national average meeting attendance for English congregations is around 75% of publisher cards in the file.

And if memory serves, they don't count non-baptized people in the stats (which is why you could actually get 110% + attendance at a bookstudy. 100% representing baptized publishers so if they all showed up, all the non-baptized people in attendance were just the gravy that pushed the figures up). So the fact that attendance is only 75% of the publishers is actually worse for the Borg than what it sounds like. Sounds like overall attendance is probably more like 40% - 50% of total attendees.

Watson said: I think they could make the meetings more interesting by having the last half hour an open discussion, where the bros and sisters can express how they are feeling about how things are going in the congregation and the organization. Ideas, suggestions, etc. Kind of a question and answer session? Maybe the elder taking the lead could take notes so that they can be presented to the Governing Body. No fear of reprisal.

'No fear of reprisal'? Surely you jest m'dear. I believe the above-mentioned scenario happened in the late '70s at Crooklyn. The result was a realization that the Slobbering Body members are far more interested in their power and running a boot-camp than in any 'suggestions' or 'open discussions' amongst the R&F. There's no way they'll ever let that happen again.

Truly, does this really surprise the powers that be? They've been preaching 'imminent' destruction of the world for over 130 years. As a Witness, you are expected to study, study, study their literature, then attend several hours of meetings per week, and then go and bang on the doors of people you assured 50 years ago would die at Armageddon if they didn't join yours truly immediately or sooner, and tell them the same stupid thing you've been telling them for decades.

In addition, you're strongly discouraged from making any sort of long term goals for your life (other than to pioneer), you're not allowed to associate with people outside the religion, no extra-curricular activities for teenagers, no celebrating birthdays, Easter, Christmas, New Years, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Thanksgiving----hell, you can't even wear a poppy as a sign of appreciation for those who went to war and died for freedom you enjoy. No premarital sex under any circumstances and even when you get married they tell you what you can and can't do in the bedroom. You're not supposed to go to university and you have to keep your 5 year old kids up till 10:00 o'clock Thursday nights just so mommy and daddy can hear what ungrateful sloths they are and how unappreciative they are towards all the spiritual bullshit food being doled out century after century.

Then it all begins again. And these idiots wonder why attendance is down?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, HAHA HA HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA!!!

Mary, I always LOOOOOOVE your comments!!!

Zid

• Mary
    Mary

Thank you Zid!!

• Open mind
    Open mind

3rdgen and all JW moms like you...

I SALUTE YOU!!!

Hard to believe how much crap a person can tolerate to please Sky Daddy.

om

• Roski
    Roski

At least the women/families that shared this horrid experience can take comfort in the fact that they were part of a 'large army' - unfortunately not appreciating it at the time.

Sunday was our worst day. That was the ex-husband (and at that time ex-elder's) manic day. My son used to call it "Bloody Sunday". In fact it was sitting in a restaurant after meeting/field service one Sunday that I decided enough was enough.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@3rdgen

Now imagine doing the same when you come home at 5:30-6:00 because you have to work as a women to be able to survive in this "system of things". It's nuts. And as an elder/servant you have to be there at least 15 minutes before the meeting starts.

They wanted to change the hours for our meeting to 7:00pm instead of 7:30pm because some of the (elderly) elders felt safer in the neigborhood we were located going home at 8:30pm instead of 9:00pm (no kidding). I now feel bad that I objected because the other congregation that did implement it lost all of the younger people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit