Recent C.O. visit: Bad news re: U.S. English meeting attendance

by Open mind 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

MM, Zid, JWGB, Violia, DaCheech, Om, Thanks for the recognition of the effort it takes for moms to drag themselves and their families to meetings. My schedule did not even account for the nights I had a talk or demo. It didn't address what happens when you have babies which is:

Everything I previously mentioned, PLUS: 7:00pm: Go back in house to change. Baby barfed on my blouse. OR Baby pooped start over. OR Toddler ran out of the house, fell down and skinned knee/or ripped pants. Start over.

7:15pm: leave for the KH

7:30pm: Arrive during the song, get dirty looks from "mature " sisters, look for seats. None in back. Sit near the front. Baby starts crying, Walk to the back, join the sisters who are already breastfeeding and talk about teething and rashes.

8:00pm: Missed half the Minestry school

8:45pm: Toddler has to pee. Wants drink.

9:00pm: Return to seat wondering how long till it's over.

9:30pm: Try to sing an unsingable song. During bro. windbags prayer-baby starts squalling. Try to quiet baby walk to back

Thank God you made through another one!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Some of the changes seen in the past 5 years shocked me. I think the reduction in the meetings was the biggest one. One I was first told there was a change in the meeting schedule I thought, "They are adding another meeting" only to find out it was just the opposite.

The reason for my thinking this was a special needs talk once giving on meeting attendance. The Presiding Overseer/Congregation Coordinator beat on Hebrews 10:24, 25 like a drum. We were supposed to meet even more as we behold the day drawing near.

So, we're being told the end is almost here and yet, in direct conflict with the Bible, Jehovah's Witnesses are meeting less.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

3rd gen, I'm a man.............. but I helped my wife with those things! I know about it.

"they" give you dirty looks...........

"they" give you the "shhhhsshhhh"........

and then, when the elders see you displeased, they talk out of the other end of their asshole, and try to make you feel welcome.

liars, and dic***eads!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

DaCheech: You're a good guy!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Another factor is that fewer middle aged and younger individuals are flocking to the U.S. org. That leaves a much older group dominating the org. Therefore some, because of age related issues, do not come to the kh. If the end of the end, Armageddon, does not come soon, the org will find many more disappearing from the kh attendance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit