FADERS YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED - BELIEVE IT OR NOT!.

by mankkeli 115 Replies latest jw experiences

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

WT 08 11/15

"Sadly, some who seemed to appreciate Jesus’ sacrifice and made a dedication to God no longer associate with the Christian congregation. Discouragement, health problems, or other factors may have weakened their zeal and caused them to become inactive. However, only as part of God’s flock can they enjoy the serenity and happiness that David spoke of in the 23rd Psalm. For instance, he sang: “Jehovah is my Shepherd. I shall lack nothing.” (Ps. 23:1) Those in the flock of God lack nothing in a spiritual way, but that is not the happy lot of sheep who have strayed. ".

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

The more you tighten your grip, Mankkeli, the more Faithful will slip through your fingers.

Strange I can't place where I heard that before............

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Mr.Falcon! You're back!

Mankkeli - don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Yikes, thanks for the heads up, mankkeli! Maybe you could start a bible study with me? Help me where I need faith!

• sir82
    sir82

"Boogey boogey boogey!" - Otis T. Firefly

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

what's happening Mickey? I missed everyone and thought I'd drop by.

• undercover
    undercover

If only...

I dare em. I triple dog dare em.

(yes, I know. A slight breech in etiquette to go straight from a dare to a triple dog dare, by-passing the double dog dare)

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Mr. falcon - Who Can Help?

3 Earnest effort is required to rescue lost sheep of God’s pasturage. (Ps. 100:3) Jesus illustrated this when he said: “If a certain man comes to have a hundred sheep and one of them gets strayed, will he not leave the ninety-nine upon the mountains and set out on a search for the one that is straying? And if he happens to find it, I certainly tell you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that have not strayed. Likewise it is not a desirable thing with my Father who is in heaven for one of these little ones to perish.” (Matt. 18:12-14) Who can help sheeplike individuals who have strayed from the flock?

4 If Christian elders are to help sheep who have strayed, they must bear in mind that the flock of God is a congregation of people dedicated to Jehovah—yes, a precious ‘flock of God’s pasturage.’ (Ps. 79:13) Such dear sheep need tender care, and this means that loving shepherds must take a personal interest in them. Making friendly shepherding calls on them can be very effective. Loving encouragement that a shepherd gives them may build them up spiritually and increase their desire to return to the flock.—1 Cor. 8:1.

5 Shepherds of God’s flock have the duty to search for sheep who have strayed and then to try to help them. The apostle Paul reminded Christian elders from ancient Ephesus of their shepherding responsibilities when he said: “Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed you overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own Son.” (Acts 20:28) Similarly, the apostle Peter gave anointed older men this exhortation: “Shepherd the flock of God in your care, not under compulsion, but willingly; neither for love of dishonest gain, but eagerly; neither as lording it over those who are God’s inheritance, but becoming examples to the flock.”—1 Pet. 5:1-3.

6 Christian shepherds need to imitate “the fine shepherd,” Jesus. (John 10:11) He was deeply concerned about God’s sheep and stressed the importance of caring for them when he told Simon Peter to ‘shepherd His little sheep.’ (Read John 21:15-17.) Especially do the sheep need such care today, for the Devil has intensified his efforts to break the integrity of those dedicated to God. Satan takes advantage of fleshly weaknesses and uses the world in an attempt to lead Jehovah’s sheep into sinful activities. (1 John 2:15-17; 5:19) Inactive ones are particularly vulnerable and therefore need assistance in order to apply the admonition to ‘walk by spirit.’ (Gal. 5:16-21, 25) Helping such sheep calls for prayerful reliance on God, the guidance of his spirit, and skillful use of his Word.—Prov. 3:5, 6; Luke 11:13; Heb. 4:12.

7 A shepherd in ancient Israel used a long curved staff, or crook, to guide his flock. As the sheep entered or left the pen, they would ‘pass under the crook’ and could thus be counted by the shepherd. (Lev. 27:32; Mic. 2:12; 7:14) A Christian shepherd likewise needs to know and keep track of the flock of God under his care. (Compare Proverbs 27:23.) Therefore, shepherding is one of the important matters discussed by the body of elders. This includes making arrangements to help sheep who have strayed. Jehovah himself said that he would search for his sheep and give them the care they needed. (Ezek. 34:11) So God is pleased when elders take similar steps in an effort to help sheep who have strayed to return to the flock.

8 When a fellow believer is physically sick, the visit of a shepherd of God’s flock can be a source of joy and encouragement. The same can be the case when a spiritually ailing sheep is given personal attention. Elders may read scriptures, review an article, discuss meeting highlights, pray with the inactive one, and so forth. They can point out that members of the congregation would be delighted to see him come back to congregation meetings. (2 Cor. 1:3-7; Jas. 5:13-15) A visit, a telephone call, or a letter can mean so much! Giving personal help to a sheep missing from the flock can also increase the joy of the compassionate Christian shepherd.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

In future, medical reports MUST be provided to the service committee, and while at home you MUST be connected by telephone which would be arranged and constantly monitored by the sound overseer

As if it hasn't happened repeatedly already, this is where you lose complete credibility.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

hahaha this dude's a troll. Are you the son of DJeggnog? Obviously you've never been to my neck of the woods. our elders are the most apathetic, uncaring, oblivious guys you'll ever meet. Most of them couldn't give two sharts about low-hour or inactive ones. Suck it.

Poopsie! What's going down, homey?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit