What Is the longest Prayer (Meeting, Circuit Assymbly, District, Internation.) You have endured?

by AvocadoJake 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

A prayer at a special meeting of some kind. Special Bethel speaker. 20 minute prayer, give or take. I was about 10 or 11. I remember shuffling from side to side, shifting my weight without losing my balance while my eyes were closed.

When he was finally done the "amens" that followed seem more audible than normal prayers. I don't think that it was in agreement with his rambling prayer as it was more of an exclamation of "finally! He' done!" It was enough that some people chuckled about it.

GB body members gave long prayers at Disctrict Conventions but not 20 minutes worth. By the time they got to the prayer, they were already 30-40 minutes overtime on their concluding talk. By Sunday afternoon all I wanted was OUT. Finish it up, pray, let's go home. And then.... Brother GB gets up and give the concluding talk and rambles on and on and on and on. No manuscript, just pulling shit outa his ass. Some were more personable and decent speakers...others were out and out torture. Even Dick Cheney wouldn't have subjected terror suspects to that incessent drone. A crime againg humanity, it was. The horror...the horror...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Franz could Pray a Hole through a Brick Wall..

Friggin Weirdo..

..................... OUTLAW

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

designs!! LOL!!! I hated those prayers where it took all I had not to laugh!!!! Oh the looks i'd get when I let it out I did the same thing on an Assembly PART!!! the brother said "I never knew how SERVICE, FUN could be" I lost it and never got my comosure back and was getting the LOOK from our acclaimed anointed CO!!!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Outlaw: "Franz could pray a hole through a brick wall" ROFLAO!!!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The last few years I'd just stand there with my eyes open watching people. Few self righteous attendants were watching, caught quite a few others looking around.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yep, Freddy. With Freddy he was always good for 25 minute minimum prayer.

I was at Pasadena in 1963! Don't remember much. Just constant reminders of "DO NOT EAT THE OLEANDERS." Also I remember ladies in kimonos for some reason. I do remember freezing to death at Candlestick park. I think that was when we got to get metal seats that hooked to the benches from the KH. To add to the good times, we stayed with non JW people in rooms found in the "rooming work." Remember "the Rooming Work?"

Anyhoo...no prayer like a Freddie prayer.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Fred Franz Yankee Stadium. Always started out with something like, "OOOoooooooooooooohhhh aaaalallllllmighty Jeeeeeehooooooooovaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh " or something to that effect...

• DNCall
    DNCall

1963, Rose Bowl, Pasdena. Knorr gave a 30-minute prayer following his closing comments that had gone 2 hours overtime.

F.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Dagney, Of course I remember "rooming" MY parents stayed in a non JW home in '58 in Flushing NY. My dad was asst. caffeteria servant at the polo grounds. He had to arrive 2 weeks before the DC to prepare to serve meals to over 110,000. The DC lasted 8 days then he had to work nearly a week afterwards to dismantle etc. We we in a strangers home for nearly a month! That was the LAST time he went through rooming!To Designs,, DNCall, and BreakfastOC, we were all at Pasedena in 63! Maybe we had lunch together. I was a nerdy looking girl with coke-bottle glasses. LOL We'll have to meet up sometime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit