What Is the longest Prayer (Meeting, Circuit Assymbly, District, Internation.) You have endured?

by AvocadoJake 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Place Los Angeles Dodger Stadium Temperature 97-100 degrees.

prayer lenght 25 minutes of pain!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

OMG this makes me laugh because when my mom would badger my dad into going to the meetings he would time the prayers to see which one was the longest pray-er. It was Hysterical!!!

• designs
    designs

Dedication prayer for the first KH I attended. Old Greek anointed brother prayed so long a sister standing in front of him sat down, he stopped the prayer and told her to 'Arise!' when she finally, with great embarassment, got to her feet again he continued...

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

What year do you mean? Who gave it? How do you know it was 25min? Most prayers aren't timed but they seem to go on for hours at the end of assemblys. The first DC I remember was NYC 1958 (I was a tot) after a gruelling 8 DAYS F Franz (I think) gave the prayer that would not end. When he was done there wasn't a kid who wasn't crying or hadn't been slapped for fidgeting. BTW, I was at Doger stadium in 1969. As I recall Pasadena 1963 was worse heat wise. My aunt and scores of others fainted.

• alanv
    alanv

The society and even local elders use prayers as a way of drilling in the main points of a meeting or an assembly. It is a part of the indoctrination process.

• designs
    designs

3rdgen- Dodger Stadium 1969, Pasadena 1963. Nice to meet a fellow alumni of the Crusades.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Designs Hahahha!!! Crusades! You got that right. How about Candlestick Park in the 60's What was worse, the heat or the cold?? We need to stroll down memory lane.

• designs
    designs

Cold Wind burns at Candelstick Park...I thought we were only suppose to get those kinds of injuries Skiing.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Were your parents as die hard as mine? They would only bring water and seat cushions. One little blanket was NOT enough! After I was married I went to Candlestick once. (I was only 17) This time I was prepared. Hot chocolate, sleeping bags, umbrellas, snacks, gloves, we had fun when my ex's Jack Witness friend shared his hot buttered rum with us. (wasn't that naughty?)

• designs
    designs

My mom was the hardliner. Her parents were original Bible Students, 1890s, and then they followed Rutherford. My mom split from Rutherford's group in 1928 and started studying again in 1960, like they say that cooked my goose. Everything changed after that when we started to go to the KH and Assemblies. I was in High School at the time of the Candlestick Assembly, we lived near LA.

Tail-gate parties were the way to survive the big Assemblies, we had the full 'First Aid' kit in a Van in the parking lot at Dodger Stadium, 1969.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit