Any Texas Lawyers in the House (or anyone else)? Need advice

by TheClarinetist 81 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Perhaps, as to my own "record," but I believe that was just bested by you, dear one! Thus, you're the true "champ," here! So, "feel free" to take that trophy on home, luv... you know, to the person who lives... and puts up... with you - aka "she that I can't refer to" (because it offends you... although I've never mentioned her specifically... and Lord knows I don't want to offend you, so I won't refer to 'her'"...).

G'head... take it. It's yours. You earned it.

Peace!

SA, trying very hard not to laugh out loud and so will just snicker behind her fingers... on her own...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Not responding does not mean assent. Sometimes not responding show much more valor. Anyone can freely read my posts and someone else's post and decide for themselves whom they would trust.

Especially, when someone could not possibly have reviewed the relevant sources b/c not enough time elapsed to do so properly.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Not responding does not mean assent.

Now THAT comment surprises me, dear BOTR (peace to you!). I mean, since we're (or were) talking about "legal" stuff, here. That's a pretty blanket statement... but isn't completely accurate, is it? Silence (not responding) can very well mean assent in certain situations and saying that it "does not" can be legally misleading... and irresponsible. Yes?

I'm not trying to be overly pendantic, truly. I just find it... well, interesting... that someone who has shown themselves to be pretty pendantic about "legal" stuff in THIS thread would make such a statement without qualifying it. Given that it COULD be legally misleading... and thus, harmful, I mean.

I'm just sayin'...

Peace!

SA, on her own...

LOL @ a NY lawyer commenting on a Texas legal matter. It reminds me of a commercial for El Paso Salsa: "This one's from New York City!" followed by "get a rope."

I have to laugh at the lawyers here who participated in this heated debate. What was accomplished, other than bruises to the pectoral muscles from all that chest pounding?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Women don't pound their chests. The titties get in the way.

And now for something completely different....

Josie,

I wasn't referring to you! But without meaning to cause any offense to anyone, notwithstanding the likelihood that I will in fact probably do so, most of the female lawyers I've met are devoid of obstructions to chest pounding!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

LoL, you know I know you weren't referring to moi. I haven't been figuratively pounding my chest on this thread, the thought of which is kinda painful.

• N.drew
    N.drew

And I thought it was just me....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, it's not just you N.Drew...whatever you think you mean.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hey, it's a free public Internet forum, dear One (peace to you!)... and so we wimmens can comment about anything we want to... as well as beat our breasteses, if we want to ("titties", dear Miz Josie? Really, girl? I can't even get my tongue to say the word - LOLOLOLOLO!). Goodness, dear One... given all of the other kinds of "beating" that goes on on this board... what's the big deal if a coupl'a ladies decide to engage one another as to legal stuff (although, perhaps not in the best of manners, but, hey, what do you expect from legal types?). Back off... or one of us might rip our shirt open... and you don't want THAT, I promise you!

Peace!

SA, thinking that sometimes some folks are just WAY too serious 'bout nuthin'... on her own...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit