Any Texas Lawyers in the House (or anyone else)? Need advice

by TheClarinetist 81 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Mrs. Jones, the inflatible kiddie pools are usually used for cole slaw wrestling.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Not even a contest, chile."

I'm hip.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Dear Clarinent;

Hugs from the Mrs and I, sorry for the fire. WE have owned and managed rentals for ourselves and others. Years ago I even helped a friend as a paralegal in a Real Estate Law office. I am not an attorney, but I will pass on what my expensive Jewish Real Estate Attorney has told me on more than one occaision (AFTER I PAID HIM! ) Quotes from my real estate attorney:

"....."Sit down, take a breath, and shut up." "Are you insane! Don't you dare send that" and my favorite "Do you REALLY WANT to WASTE TIME AND MONEY IN COURT". I paid a lot of money for him to tell me those quotes. I pass AARONS high priced advice along for free to you.

Sometimes a box of chocolates or a cup of coffee and seeing "if we can work this out" saves a lot of time, money, and blood pressure meds.

Generally buying some renters insurance from whoever does your car insurance is the best bet to prevent this. (About $15-25 extra a month). A little late now. If the fire is limited to the stove area, perhaps you can find someone to replace the upper cabinents to match, and get a skim coat, and repaint the walls. I would feel blessed if I could get that done in California for under $3,000. If she is willing to use your security deposit that sounds pretty good. Some landlords allow tenants to pay a little extra per month for repairs. If she kicks you out..( remind her she won't have any rent while the place is empty).

I hope things work out for you. All the best from the ASS

• AGuest
    AGuest

What's so sad to me (peace to you all, even those who are gracious enough to apologize if/when they should), beyond the straining out of the gnat here... is that apparently someone doesn't know how to read the Texas Government and Penal Codes regarding this matter... or the relevant case law associated with the statutes... despite their esteemed legal education. Neither the statutes, codes, or case law are obscure at all; all are quite clear, actually. And since NO ONE here:

1. Charged or received, either directly or indirectly, any compensation (http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/GV/htm/GV.83.htm#83.001);

2. Held himself (or herself) out to be a lawyer with an intent to obtain an economic benefit ( http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.38.htm#38.122 ); or

3. Took certain actions with respect to... claims... with an intent to obtain an economic benefit ( http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.38.htm#38.123 )...

no Texas court, which ultimately decides what constitutes practicing law is... would find that a law was even broken. Because... NO COMPENSATION WAS CHARGED OR RECEIVED... and there was NO INTENT TO OBTAIN AN ECONOMIC BENEFIT.

I realize that a lot of legal stuff is quite complicated; this, however, was not legal rocket science. It wasn't even middle school chemistry...

Peace!

SA, on her own... with no hidden agendas... or unbridled "legal OCD" issues...

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

AG - can you explain your desperation to get me to phone you? It's puzzling and a little bit freaky.

• AGuest
    AGuest

My "desperation" is directly related to your [apparent] desperation for evidence, dear Q (peace to you!).

Peace!

SA, on her own... and not at all surprised that you're turning out to be like those snarky nobody-wants-you-but-your-wife-and-even-that's-questionable- JW "brothers" who thought I (and every other "sister") "wanted" them, too. But sorry, luv, I'm not desperate for you; I'm really not the "Little House on the Prairie" type. I'm a bona fide California girl!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Cat fight with oil for charity! The purse must be huge, though!

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

AG - so your incoherent answer to my question was to suggest I think all women fancy me but my wife probably doesn't. What a 'spiritually brave' response.

Let me restate in the vain hope you will give a cogent response:

Without mentioning my desire for evidence which is implicit in the question can you explain what evidence you can give over a phone that you cannot give via a written response and will reveal a physical manifestion of your god that can be scientifically tested ( as per the very first comment leading to this question ) ?

Please feel free to leave my wife out of your answer.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AG - so your incoherent answer to my question was to suggest I think all women fancy me but my wife probably doesn't. What a 'spiritually brave' response.

My answer was not more incoherent than your comment, dear Q (peace to you!). You attempted to insinuate something entirely ridiculous. I simply returned the "favor."

Let me restate in the vain hope you will give a cogent response: Without mentioning my desire for evidence which is implicit in the question can you explain what evidence you can give over a phone that you cannot give via a written response and will reveal a physical manifestion of your god that can be scientifically tested ( as per the very first comment leading to this question ) ?

As to "scientifically tested," I can't say. I'm not sure that science has advanced enough to to have the necessary tools to so test. As to the rest, yes, I can explain. I HAVE explained. It requires hearing... which one cannot do with via a "written" response. Duh-uh...

Please feel free to leave my wife out of your answer.

I absolutely do ("feel free"). Not sure I can/will do it, though, I mean, given your own insinuations...

Peace, Q... truly!

YOUR servant (yeah, it's not always easy for me, either, but it is what it is)... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

You have breached new levels of idiocy. Well done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit