Is the Holy Spirit God Himself or a force like in Star Wars?

by I_love_Jeff 224 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I didn't say God died, look at what I said:

Why can't God experience a corporal death?

There is no reason to believe that God is incapable of that ( that whole omnipotent thingy).

According to scripture all we do is experience a corporal death, our spirit doesn't die but returns to God.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Why differentiate between angels ( messengers ) and human spirits? If angels can mate with humans stands to reason they are humans. In fact why make man in the image of god, make man genetically compatible with god ( hence Jesus could be conceived ) and then promise us that we could be gods...unless that's the plan?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

PS,

I would have to ask why God would need to experience a corporal death, his Son already did that for us.

JWs believe life after death is impossible.

I believe we do survive corporeal death, that we live in fleshly vessels.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

PS death of god was in response to TS comments.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Maybe Elohim already experienced mortality - just not here..Like I said. Maybe we are the sideshow?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Why differentiate between angels ( messengers ) and human spirits? If angels can mate with humans stands to reason they are humans. In fact why make man in the image of god, make man genetically compatible with god ( hence Jesus could be conceived ) and then promise us that we could be gods...unless that's the plan?

Angels are a "different species" and they mated when they took human form and their off springs were, well..."not-human".

An interesting view is that it was a "angel-human" hybrid that started the human evolutionary branch.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Qcmbr,

I believe angels have a different makeup than human spirits. I do not believe angels would have to be human in the first place to mate with women.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I would have to ask why God would need to experience a corporal death, his Son already did that for us.

His Son death was how God expereinced death and he didn't "need" to, He chose to, for US.

JWs believe life after death is impossible.

Jesus would disagree ;)

I believe we do survive corporeal death, that we live in fleshly vessels.

The ressurection?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I don't see much evidence that they are a different species in the bible isn't the world angel just another one for messenger? How can one species change into another species in order to mate?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I don't see much evidence that they are a different species in the bible isn't the world angel just another one for messenger? How can one species change into another species in order to mate?

They are from God's realm ie: Heaven.

They are not human as we are but we will be "angelic" as they are...one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit