Is the Holy Spirit God Himself or a force like in Star Wars?

by I_love_Jeff 224 Replies latest jw friends

• I_love_Jeff
  • undercover
    undercover

Is the Holy Spirit:

A - God himself

B - a Force, like in Star Wars

or

C - imaginary; doesn't exist

Answer:

C

Welcome to the board. I'm not an expert on this but several people have had problems posting using certain browsers. There is a work around but I don't know what it is. Maybe someone else can help. Good luck.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I heard somewhere that Redneck Jedi Knights could use the force to jiggle the toilet lever in the middle of the night when it would not stop running.

• I_love_Jeff
  • cofty
    cofty

Try using a different browser. IE9 doesn't work with this forum although I think there is a compatibility button you can use?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, if the HS is God's spirit then the HS is God.

Not sure what the heck "active force" even means, LOL !

Even in Star wars the force was far more than just an "active force", it spoke, it had intelligence, it created and acted and guided.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think of the Holy Spirit as a "field" of some sort. An energy interface God has with our brains allowing him to "see and feel" through us therefore allowing him to know "the number of hairs on our head."

-Sab

• undercover
    undercover

Even in Star wars the force was far more than just an "active force", it spoke, it had intelligence, it created and acted and guided.

There is a common ground between Star Wars and the Bible God and his Spirit...

It's all made up. It makes for a good story and a good movie (at least the first couple anyway)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I think of the Holy Spirit as a "field" of some sort. An energy interface God has with our brains allowing him to "see and feel" through us therefore allowing him to know "the number of hairs on our head."

According tot he NT the HS speaks and acts as a helper and even an advocate, hardly "unpersonal" traits.

There is a common ground between Star Wars and the Bible God and his Spirit...
    It's all made up. It makes for a good story and a good movie (at least the first couple anyway)

Except the gospel would have been way different of Jesus and his 12 muchachos had light sabres and were jedi !!
    Although something tells me Mary would probably be wearing that sexy Princess Leia bikini thing from ROTJ.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I am very curious how much Platonic/Stoic thought went into this concept via Philo: The One changeless God beyond time and space, the Logos, through which the One God interacts with the temporal universe, and the World Soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit