Is the Holy Spirit God Himself or a force like in Star Wars?

by I_love_Jeff 224 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    According tot he NT the HS speaks and acts as a helper and even an advocate, hardly "unpersonal" traits.

The Holy Spirit is what makes God personal, PSac. It's the telephone that connects us on that personal level. Otherwise we are just animated matter to God.

-Sab

• Scully
    Scully

Blasphemy!!

Nothing is like The Force in Star Wars!!!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    (at least the first couple anyway)

Glad you made that distinction - they went down pretty fast after that.

• undercover
    undercover

Glad you made that distinction - they went down pretty fast after that.

I liked the third one, except for the Ewoks. The scene between Luke, the Emperor and Vader is pretty darn good. Too bad they kept cutting back to those damn furry rodents throwing rocks at Imperial tank-thingys

If God's Spirit is like the Force, then Ewoks are like 1st century Christians. Lower class, backwards, insignificant and furry. But they were a pain in the ass to the powers that be at the time.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Jesus... I am your father...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I liked the third one, except for the Ewoks. The scene between Luke, the Emperor and Vader is pretty darn good. Too bad they kept cutting back to those damn furry rodents throwing rocks at Imperial tank-thingys

I couldn't help but feel bad for the flying one that died. Remember? The surviving one was all, "Momma?" Your mom's dead kid! That ewok concept was experimental at best.

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods

If God's Spirit is like the Force, then Ewoks are like 1st century Christians. Lower class, backwards, insignificant and furry.

How do you know early christians were furry?

• unshackled
    unshackled

The idea of The Force was much cooler in the first films (to repeat: at least the first couple anyway).

Then in the Phantom Menace George had to go and describe it as being biological. Connecting to the Force was done thru midi-chlorians, micro-organisms in cells. The more midi-chlorians you have the stronger you are in the Force. Or something like that. It was better left less definitive.

Anyways, until the Holy Spirit can help you levitate things and play mind tricks on people the edge goes to the Force.

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

I just recently posted this question:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkzH4k.Au2cycb6VO8q3FsXty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20111120194541AA6FB5l

I thought my opposition was quite clear and the responses given were weak accept for 1. I was wondering if someone can tell me what BAR-ARANGES is talking about? sounds like jibberish to me. What do you think of my rebuttle?

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

you guys are funny!! I LOVE IT!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit