I was counselled regarding my prayer-ridiculous,

by iclone 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Heavenly Father Jehovah, we approach your throne of undeserved kindness through the merits of your son, Christ Jesus.......blah blah blah.

Throne of underserved kindness! I forgot about that one. "WE ARE NOT WORTHY!" heh.

-Sab

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, I know that so many bro's fall back on the standard old cliche's and forms of words when offering Cong Prayers . I have done it but I had the benefit of an outspoken wife who told me so, not many will do that .

As for our original poster....you are coming along in your fade - keep showing that you are different and they may get the idea, and not be too surprised when you disappear off the radar

BTW . I thought it was a given that one never counselled or adversely commented on another person's prayer. It is supposed to be personal between him and God...at least, that is what the C/o said.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Can you pray for us next time? "Just ask God to bless us who have left the organization and protect us so we can do the right thing and that if that is his will we can do the right things?"

Thanks in advance

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i dont pray anymore I just text him.... new light.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome iclone to JWN and congratulations on putting the pompous elder down.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• undercover
    undercover

i dont pray anymore I just text him.... new light.

You're not keeping up with the chariot, my brother.

@Jehovah on Twitter

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Strange that you mention praying for everyone. When the devastating earthquake, tsunami, and radiation hit Japan earlier this year, I told my kids it was appropriate to pray for all those in that country suffering from the devastation. They were surprised, yet happy, to know that it was okay to pray for people not JW's, and they proceeded to do so.

CJ

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

God is on twitter? God dang it! I am behind in technology. but does it goes both ways?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Good for you ICLONE! Pompous elders like that should be called out every time. Good job.

Then again, the last time I was asked to pray I said I really appreciate the offer but no thanks. That works too.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I applaud you on your prayer!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit