Oh Lord it's hard to be humble

when you're perfect in every way....

Ever hear that song?

• iclone
    iclone

iknowall558...I can't see your posts.

• cedars
    cedars

iclone - you are very brave, I take my hat off to you. He sounds like a very unpleasant character indeed. It's interesting that he slipped effortlessly into "inquisitor" mode by asking you to be an informant and reveal who had commended you. His behaviour is very reminiscent of an elder I once served with. I hope you find a way of leaving that awful atmosphere one day.

Cedars

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I wish they would let me pray....NOT..

• iclone
    iclone

Cedars...my thoughts exactly! As soon as he asked I simply deflected and moved the conversation back to his challenge. It is also worthy to note that he spoke to me alone, so his counsel was not sanctioned by the body. I am curious if he decides to bring up the topic again if he will be alone. If he does, God help him as I will rip him apart! One for not having scriptural grounds to challenge me and second for not following normal protocol when offering counsel! Knowing him he will take this on his own as he is such a rouge elder. Now he can be deleted for a fouth time...what a farce!

• Terry
    Terry

Waaaaay back when I attended Kingdom Hall and was a true-blue JW, the prayers had a standard format that all the Bros. seemed to

follow by rote:

Heavenly Father Jehovah, we approach your throne of undeserved kindness through the merits of your son, Christ Jesus.......blah blah blah.

Do they still follow this stilted, contrived monstrosity of a preamble?

• Bella15
    Bella15

Amen to your prayer. Try praising God next time ... something along these lines ... LOL!

Almighty, true and incomparable God,
    You are present in all things,
    yet in no way limited by them.
    You remain unaffected by place,
    untouched by time,
    unperturbed by years,
    and undeceived by words.
    You are not subject to birth
    and in no need of protection.
    You are beyond all corruption,
    above all change,
    immutable by nature.
    You live in unapproachable light
    and are invisible,
    yet You are known to all those
    who seek You with hope and love.
    You are the God of Israel,
    and of all who hope in Christ.

I bet the Holy Spirit will bring more than one to tears ...

• undercover
    undercover

Do they still follow this stilted, contrived monstrosity of a preamble?

I don't remember there being any one required intro, but everyone had their own set intro. "Our Father in heaven, Jehovah..." being the usual one with the exception of a few old-timers with more extravagent intros (can't remember any off the top of my head, thank FSM)

The closings were also repeated the same from prayer to prayer. "Through Jesus name, amen" being the most common but there were some that stretched it out, "through our illustrious redeemer and savior, your son, our king, Jesus Christ, amen. The problem with those longer outros was that over time they weren't said with feeling or meaning, they were just repeated words and they were sped up to almost incoherent. It sounded more like, "ThruourillustriredeemasaveryoursonkingJesusChristamen"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit