My mom and dad told me that I'm an apostate and that they want to 'limit their association' with me!!!

by Joliette 71 Replies latest jw friends

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Do you flat out just disagree or did you find scriptures to backup the reason for your disagreement? If they hold true to the bible as the final authority over the watchtower, then some strong points can be made.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

It might have to come down to a letter like this:

Dear mom and dad: I'm sorry that you let a religious organization ran by a group of men you will likely never meet in your entire lifetime affect our relationship. We can never speak to each other again. It's clear that you're more loyal to a religion than your own flesh and blood. Despite my well researched criticism of the religion, you decided that the religion was more trustworthy than me. I cannot trust you. Goodbye. Do not talk to me again. You are endangering my mental and emotional health with your conditional love. Any further contact between us will be done via my lawyer.

Have a nice life.

That way, you're cutting them off and giving them a guilt trip in return. Including the lawyer angle will further let them know that they screwed the pooch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit