Wrecked my car yesterday

by NewChapter 41 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, New Chapter, I'm so sorry to hear that!!!

I'm glad that - apparently, at this point - all that happened to you was being shaken up - perhaps a few scrapes and bruises...

Your poor car, too...

At least - as I understand it - the accident wasn't your fault.

Zid - who's crunched a few fenders, herself...

• cofty
    cofty

Good to hear you are ok NewChapter, its normal to have some aches and pains for a few days. Take care and enjoy the SUV.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Nope, wasn't my fault. About a week and half ago, on my tiny street, my neighbor inexplicably stopped his car and backed up into me! LOL He saw the scrap truck, but didn't see me. Well he cracked my bumper, and the repair was surprisingly expensive. So his insurance company sent me a check. The hit was not hard, and neither of us were even sore. So I went to class yesterday and on my way home I deposited the check. Then---I turned the corner and in less than a minute my front end was destroyed. I suppose that bumper was no longer meant for this world!! LOL

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Be certain that you document the pains. There may be latent injuries but let us hope not. My accident happened up the block. The most impt thing is that you are all right. When I studied torts, they discussed the fact that if cars came on the market today, they are so unsafe they would never be approved. Americans adore the freedom cars provide. So there is a car exception when it comes to safety.

Feel better.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well it's totalled.

• rebel8
    rebel8

You're lucky to be ok.

(Obviously it was luck, since you did not call out to Jehovah.)

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Aside from some soreness, there were no serious injuries on either side? Glad to hear you are ok, and the rest is just steel and paint. But the disruption to your life is a real bother. It will pass, but so sorry you have to go through it.

• isojourn
    isojourn

Glad to hear you are calm. You will most likely be hurting for a bit. But that's what pain pills are for.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Do you have an attorney? At least discuss the matter with your own insurance agent. Don't talk to anybody and more importantly don't sign anything without getting advice.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

NC, I hope you feel better soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit