Is anyone else getting ready for Christmas?

by juni 36 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

I was in the mood today... got the tree cheap (came w/lights), decorations and ribbon for half price and made the bow myself to save money. I was going to put it aside until after Thanksgiving, but couldn't resist completing the project. I just have to get some fiber fill for "snow" at the base. I have it "Duck" taped to the table so the kittens can't pull it off.

Juni

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am a fader with a JW wife. I can't exactly put up decorations.

But I exchange gifts with non-JW family members. I bought em all and have several wrapped already.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes, I've been buying little things to decorate the house.

• freshstart
    freshstart

That's a pretty tree! I love the variety of colors. Hopefully we will celebrate our first Christmas this year :)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Wow Juni, I'd say you're just a tad early this year !!

If that's a real tree, will it still look like that by Xmas, or will all the green needles start shedding?

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I put up my tree (my first ever!!!) a couple days ago. I'm sending some cards to some ex-JW friends and some non-JW family members, also some non-JW friends who've been sending cards for a couple years, now I can send them one back :)

• nugget
    nugget

Have been buying stuff and the house is filling up with presents and stuff. The tree will go up in December but I can hardly wait as it will be in the front room for the first time. Starting to declutter to make more space happy days.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

YES!!! I have purchased many gifts and have decorated my work office already. I LOVE Christmas and get excited looking at all of the decorations and such at the stores.

PS. Your tree is wonderful!

• designs
    designs

Christmas is now fun with a grandson, although at his age the wrappings are as much fun as the toys.

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

This will be my second Christmas. Last year was a bit stressful and awkward but over all a very fun and festive experience.

I'm anxious to get started this year but am forcing myself to wait until December.

Gabe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit