Watching Rocky Horror for the 1st time

by rebel8 48 Replies latest social entertainment

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Ziddinia, Rocky's Undies were Gold Lame'..."

Shhhhh!!!

You were supposed to let the "virgin" - Rebel8 - answer that!!!

Sheeeeeeshhhh....

Haven't you ever been quizzed by REAL "Rocky Horror" fans, as you stood in line to see the movie - again and again and again and again...?

Zid - the 'sweet transvestite' She-Devil she devil smiley

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well, seeing the movie on a screen in your own living room is not what it is about.

Seeing The Rocky Horror Picture Show was never about seeing the movie. It was about the experience of going to a theater at midnight on Friday or Saturday to see it and joining all the costumed fans who see it every week and shouting out regular add-in lines with the audience.

In Chicago, it was at the Biograph Theater on a regular basis. As a teen, I went with friends every now and again. I wasn't a JW then. We were violating city curfew and typically were walking home at 2:30 am.

I suppose if you had such memories, then seeing the film at home would bring those memories alive. Otherwise, it's just a dumb movie.

• Violia
    Violia

I am a Meat Loaf fan , having seen him twice in concert. It was a lot of fun and his concerts have a lot of energy, just like him. Meat has lost lot of weight, he was over 300 pounds in his 20's . He is not a small man, weighing in now at around 250.

My kids saw it at the midnight showing at local theaters- where everyone dressed up. I am sad to say I missed that but got to see the movie.

I love musicals, they are great fun.

• Violia
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Mmmmmm....

I don't care what Meatloaf weighed when he was in the "Rocky Horror"; that boy was HOT!!!

• Violia
    Violia

yes he is hot! I was so happy to meet him at a meet and greet before one of his concerts. He has so much energy- he's electric. He must lose 10# or more each concert due to all that raw energy.

His weight was of concern to him as he was pretty heavy when he and Jim Steinman did their first album, " Bat out of Hell" ( Booh for fans) . He has worked very hard to keep his weight down.

Here is a video of BOOH live, you should be able to see how heavy he was. I think Jim is on this clip on the piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4MFxcFofkY

• chickpea
    chickpea

first saw rocky with my gay brother,
    in austin texas in the late 70s....
    (since then, i have seen it where the
    audience was superb in the live performance
    and been in the seats with truly, pathetically
    clueless wannabes who heaved loaves of bread
    during the "toast" ... seen it about 12 times
    so i am a fan, but not truly a fanatic)

i didnt know it then, but that first time
    was when my "queerness" was solidified....
    (ask your LGBT friends what being
    queer is all about... no, i am not gay)

i had never imagined i would find a man
    in drag to be THE.HOTTEST.THING.EVAR!

tim curry absolutely OWNED that part...
    he will be my fairy dragqueen for all time!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Years ago I read that Rocky Horror was meant to go bankrupt. I don't know if this is true, but it always stuck with me. They said the producers of the movie got a bunch of investors, they really didn't think the movie would be a success and they really didn't care, they just wanted to get the money. Again, I don't know if it's true, but one thing is for sure, RHPS really does appear to be an accident! The article said no one was more surprised than the movie's producers. I just don't think it could have been planned this way. The movie was meant to fade into oblivion. LOL Instead we got Susan Serandon (sp) and Tim Curry.

NC

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "tim curry absolutely OWNED that part... he will be my fairy dragqueen for all time!..."

Ooooooh, yeah, Tim Curry gets me all hot n' bothered - especially in that role!!

Zidshe devil smiley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit