Watching Rocky Horror for the 1st time

by rebel8 48 Replies latest social entertainment

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's over.

I don't get it...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Haven't seen it in a long time (like 8 years ago when i was still a dub)

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I was part of the Atlanta cast as well as the cast in New York for a few years. I even have a Rocky Horror tattoo on my leg.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Rebel---it really is a group experience. In the theatre, the audience participates. For instance, in the beginning when it's raining and Janet has newspaper on her head, the audience will squirt each other with squirt guns and protect themselves with newspapers. And when he calls for a toast, they all throw toast. Then they say certain lines---when he yanks the cloth of the table, and everyone sees they were eating eddie, everyone screams Meatloaf again??

It's totally juvenile, but used to be a lot of fun.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And another thing, in the theatre, I have never heard a word the narrator says because everyone screams over top of him telling him to get a neck etc. Only a few key phrases are allowed through, and then they are couched in dialog from the audience that make the lines hysterical.

It's kind of hard to explain. You gotta be there.

NC

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

It's just a fun ...Looney... what's next... Movie!

It was the 70's remember!

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Love that movie! Doing the time warp again!

• ziddina
    ziddina

oh, boy....!!

A VIRGIN!!!!

Quick - what color are Rocky's underpants???

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hopefully this posts properly....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPdDdV1iN3I

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Now that you are "Broken in", you may want to check out a few of Divine's early movies such as Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, Polyester and Lust in the Dust. Directed by John Waters, they are also cult classics, right up there with RHPS.

Ziddinia, Rocky's Undies were Gold Lame'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit