I'm sorry, but I have to say this re Kim Kardashian (fluff thread, sort of)...

by AGuest 68 Replies latest social entertainment

• AGuest
    AGuest

but I do so to be fair (may you all have peace!):

If she were MY daughter, and Kris Humphries said to her what he said to Ms. Kim, when she voiced her concerns (again) about not wanting to move to Minnesota (which she did BEFORE getting married and he "pretended" to accept), I might tell her he's the wrong guy/man, too. No, I don't believe in divorce "just because,"... and don't know that I would tell my daughter to DIVORCE him (she made her bed, so to say), but...

What did he say? When she said, "But how am I supposed to be able to carry on my business? I can't do that from Minnesota" (again, he had already conceded that HE would move to California), he responded, to the effect of:

"Why are you making such a big deal? You move to Minnesota, and have a couple of babies, 'cause after awhile no one's gonna care about YOU anymore, anyway."

Yes, he said it. I saw it, I heard it. And he didn't mean, "No one's gonna care about you because you're a wife and a mom, now." He meant... and I kid you not: "Because I just don't get why ANYONE cares about YOU anyway - you're not all that."

Now, I can see someone outside of her family, friends, etc., thinking that: you're not all that, KK. But her HUSBAND???

I'm sorry, dear ones, but if my daughter's own husband didn't think she was "all that" (or if she didn't think HE was)... and indicated so on national television, I would have a problem. And SHE should have a problem. Yes, I know, I know - the family tried to tell Kim that he really wasn't "onboard" with HER (as a person). I agreed. Seriously, I always thought the guy just wanted to be "the one" who "caught"... and tamed (domesticated)... "Kim Kardashian". Whoo-hooo...

Why does this bug me? Because I think HE was the fraud, not her, in spite of the hype. I think SHE was caught up in finally "finding love," and so couldn't be reasoned with by the family (who tried). I don't think it was for publicity at ALL on HER part (Momager might be a different story - sorry, but I can't quite see Kris Jenner as more than just a glamerous "pimp"... but in a nicer way... but, then what parent who makes a living off their child(ren) isn't?)... but was for HIM ("I got Kim K, you losers!").

Anyway... had to get that off my chest. Please, don't take issue with me for watching the Kardashians - I haven't had much to do while my body has been healing... and it beats the heck out of Maury Povich and Jerry Springer (and The View... ewwwwww to all, IMHO)...

Peace, chickens (and all of you others who've nothing better to do than post/watch TV right now - praise JAH, my stint will soon be over and I may never watch daytime TV again!)!

SA, on her own...

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

Wow.....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well, looking at it from that perspective yeah she should have dropped him but maybe the courtship should have been a bit longer than a couple of months then perhaps she would have found out he wasn't her prince charming before the big media hyped fairytale wedding.

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

Hi AGuest!

My name is Cherrypye, and I'm addicted to celebrity gossip. Whew...glad that's off my chest.

Frankly, he says some fairly hurtful things. The best was, "Four years ago you were selling clothes in the Valley, and now you want to pretend like your some princess?"

He belittled her quite a bit, and I would be livid if my daughter ended up with a man like that. Granted, she may be famous for being famous (and other non-mentionables), but she certainly has been successful for building her brand. He seemed to really have little respect for her.

• watersprout
    watersprout

I have never watched any program with the Kardashians in. (The greatest love and peace to you Shel!) They irritate me blind and I think with the sort of money they have they could be doing a whole lot of ''good'' in this world. But no, they have a tv show about there self centered lives. Whoops my PMT is showing through lol!

Back to the topic in hand... If ANY man (or woman) spoke to their better half in that manner, they should be given their marching orders. No one has the right to belittle or humiliate another human being.... Especially not someone who ''claims'' to love that person. Grrrrrr some people make me mad!

Peace

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

It all makes for a good spot on TV and all other media. Thaat is good for business, Hello Money!

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Did anyone forget that she is a business woman?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What about the allegations that the NBA had a casting call for the role? I'm embarassed but I do watch the show on occasion. It was a train wreck from the beginning. Somehow I have a hunch that the "fairytale" wedding that was not a marriage happened during a sweeps stake. Anyone who takes Kardashian land seriously is missing something. It is so fake. What values are taught or observed besides making money? Bill Gates donated a huge amount to charity. Their values are sick. And without her sex tape, Kim could not model. She is so short. The line is destroyed. It is nothing about kim and more about standards for models.

I agree with Kris about Kim's celebrity vanishing. Once she ages a bit more, what can she sell? What insights have we gained from her show? Once upon a time, celebrities excelled at something. Marilyn Monroe was a superb actress. I'm mostly disturbed with myself for watching a car wreck. A normal wedding would not have garnered the ratings. The present exposure is good to her career.

If you don't want to live in Minn. don't marry the man insistent that you live there. The producers and her mom care about their money machine, not their daughter.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Did any one forget that Kim Kardasian is a business woman? She is not a victim! Hello...!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hey, just putting MY perspective out there (peace to you all!). There are a couple of comments that I vehemently agree with - Josie (okaaaayyy!), CP, WS, and 2nd from LTS - which was her (KK's) point and mine - she was a business woman when he proposed... why should that change because she married HIM... and particularly since he "agreed" that she WOULDN'T have to relocate??). I also get the whole money factor - she IS a business... and those of us who watch contribute to that. Personally, I'm not ashamed of it (yet)... because I like her. Hey, she's just another "doll" in the valley of the dolls. I live out here... so I get it. Wouldn't be a part of it myself (just not that self-confident)... but I DO get where "real" life can be more intriguing (for some) than acting. Some acting (the "real" kind - where there really are scripts, understudies, etc.) isn't all that good sometimes, either.

But since I have time on my hands... and there is a LOT of TV to choose from these days... what the heck: why not Kim Kardashian? She's cool, IMHO. I little "loose", perhaps... but as I was saying to my husband, seems like most are, these days (even here - the sex talk is crazy, sometimes!). But man has always been loose, to one degree or another. Just not always as open and honest about it. I find her honesty in this regard quite refreshing

"Hey, I/we am/are who/what I/we am/are. Deal with it... or turn the channel/stay out of our stores."

I kind of like that... ummmmm... forthrightness. People with nothing to hide... hide nothing. I mean, KK... or the current "I'm so clean and holy" JW? Give me KK.

Peace, chickens!

SA, on her own...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit