I'm sorry, but I have to say this re Kim Kardashian (fluff thread, sort of)...

by AGuest 68 Replies latest social entertainment

• talesin
    talesin

The Kardasshian (as I said,, sp?) womyn are smart as HELL!~!!! Love 'em, hate 'em, whatever, they are SMART ,,,,

tal

* not displeased to see women exploiting men for a change, though a bit ashamed to admit it * klass

• Scully
    Scully

I honestly don't understand the fascination with the Kardashians. Or Jersey Shore for that matter. Or the Duggars.

whatevs. Rich phoneys with more money than brains. Totally off my radar.

• talesin
    talesin

Scully -- eggs-actly!!! I only know what I see of them on the info-tainment section of the news, but it seems to me that gurl is one smart cookie. That's all I'm sayin' ..

Edit: maybe they got some money from their dad, but wow,, how to turn a nice a$$ into a multi-million dollar empire??? Ask Ms. Kim.

t

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The mom is smart at branding. Most mothers would be appalled at a viral sex tape. They laugh all the way to the bank. I don't blame the Kardashians but American society for enjoying such drivel. One positive thing they've done is show short, ethnic women with curves as attractive. Somehow I don't see a one of them doing couture.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    One positive thing they've done is show short, ethnic women with curves as attractive.

I think J.Lo beat them to that, dear BOTR (peace to you!). Unless by "ethnic" you mean... well, what DO you mean? No offense, taken, just not sure what you mean...

SA, who's short (5'3"... and ethnic (I think - )... on her own...

• N.drew
    N.drew

5'3"? You look a whole lot taller!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I don't view her as ethnic per say, if anything I think she's made it more acceptable for white broads to be curvy. Like Ludacris said, "But being broke with no food is just a thing of the past, Plus I'm the new phenomenom like white women with ass." It's the truth too. I remember being younger and it was a given that white women had washboard bootys. With the exception of overweight white women, they just didn't have 2nd-look worthy booties without cringing. Times have changed, and I don't know if its the food or what, but its nice that white girls can compete in the booty department. I never thought the day would come when there would be a term like, Whooty, aka White girl with booty. Melody Jai for instance is no joke.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Kardashians talk about being Armenian frequently. They do not look Northern European which until recently was a requisite for modeling. Modeling has changed dramatically in the past 25 years. Pretty is no longer that popular. The designers want exotic and dramatic. I'm not making an aesthetic comment of my own, just observing. It is not an original thought. Many others have posted remarks on the Internet and discussed it on TV. I don't see anything special about her. Not at all.

I knew a super model who was raised in the South. B/c I met her in a normal setting, I did not realize who she was even tho commercials with her were plastered over the TV set. When she started in the business, she was sent to exile in Europe b/c her face was not symmetrical and she was a brunette. She did very well in France and Italy. She ended up with a massive makeup contract --the flawed face became commercial.

It would be nice if someone showed modeling for what it is if you are not a superstar or before you are a superstar. Kim K. sells a very fake product.

I recall when Beverly Johnson made the cover of Vogue many years ago. People were getting whiplash near the newsstand. It is strange b/c Grace Jones was better for Europeans.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    5'3"? You look a whole lot taller!

Look? You mean by my words, dear Tal (peace to you!)? LOLOLOLOL! Nahhh, I'm a bit of an imp, actually: 5'3" (and probably shrinking)... and about 118 lbs., now (since getting sick last year... and with surgeries this year, even more so. Pain meds SUCK - can't keep much on the stomach these days. I'm a diabetic, though... so I "hate" food anyway - LOLOLOL!)

Peace, chile!

SA, on her own...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit