I'm sorry, but I have to say this re Kim Kardashian (fluff thread, sort of)...

by AGuest 68 Replies latest social entertainment

• AGuest
    AGuest

Well, I don't disagree that there's definitely something wrong with our morality (may you all have peace!)... and our entertainment has a lot to do with (although, our politics and unconscionable kinds of capitalism aren't without blame, either. Ahhh, for the days of "Leave it to Beaver" and "Good Times"! Now THAT was some quality television programming!

A Guest...You need to get yourself some books.

Well, see, here's the thing with that dear Jewel. As a child/younger adult, reading was my passion. I read everything... fiction, non-fiction, technical, textbooks, whatever. I couldn't get enough information. One of the reasons the WTBTS appealed to me: so many BOOKS to read! Then, two things happened:

1. I married a bibliophile (we moved 85 boxes of books in when we moved into our house. Although I managed to get some back out, I currently have... wait, let me count... seven shelves of books (one, law) in my house (had 16, 12 floor to ceiling, at one time)... and probably 20 boxes in the garage. Some are rare/one (a bible from the 1600s) is priceless*. They cover almost every genre known to man. So, I have no shortage of books to read. In fact, I had to create a house rule: for every new book that comes in... two MUST go out. So, now one of my hubby's favorite pasttimes is taking a bag of books to Half-Price... to sell so he can buy other books. Literally makes him giddy, it does - LOLOL!

2. I went to law school... which almost ruined me for reading, as it became a chore (oh, the case law, outlines, summaries, treatises, digests, cyclopedia's, and other books, legal docs, complaints, exhibits, etc., etc., etc., one has to read! I was literally reading in my SLEEP there for a couple/few years!).

So, I now try to only read for pleasure... and, unfortunately, don't read anywhere near what I used to. Still sort of... well, "debriefing", if you will. Besides, SO much to read here (and the links and various internet sites), right? I don't "love" reading anymore... but I still like it well enough. (Oh, and I actually have library cards for TWO cities... and DO frequent my local libraries - .)

Television, however, allows me to do a pretty good "mind dump" from time to time. Given what I do for a living... and how much reading I have to do for THAT... a girl needs to dump her mind from time to time. This time off has been GLORIUS, then... for that. And dear Kim Kardashian... and her and her sisters' dramatic lives... are nothing more than mind "candy".

I'm not at risk of any "cavities", though. I know when to walk away from chocolate...okay, butterscotch... girl!

Peace!

SA, on her own... and giving all the KK "haters" here the "evil eye" (ya'll need to cut that girl some slack!)

*Well, okay, maybe not "priceless"... except to my husband...

• JeffT
    JeffT

Kim Kardashian (and others like her, Britany Spears?) is a greater threat to the sanctity of marriage than all the gays in the country.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

How is the ever so popular KK a threat to marriage? And I dont know what to say about gays ... being a treat to marriage? You gotta help me follow you here.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LTS - Jeff was making a joke. He's not serious

.... or is he????

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm surprised no one has attached a clip of the take off of the wedding that was on SNL this past Saturday, I don't watch SNL but saw the clip and it is extemely funny, The View ran it on their show this morning.

BTW, just how the Hell did that family get to be famous and get there own show anyway, that's what I'd like to know !

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Oh that's an easssy one, they are HOT ! ! ! and they have $$$, living the life of luxary and showing it off all gaudy like. American culture loooves that!

• mamalove
    mamalove

I think Kim just felt like it was time to get married, settle, have a big wedding, all of that. I think her hubbster had some advice to catch this train and ride it to the bank, the notariety would be very valuable for him if it did not work out. They are both probably pretty pompous, and being married is hard, especially at first. People with lots of money may possibly feel it is easier to get out of a marriage than a person with less money, so it was a call she made to get peace. She might be really hurt and have done it out of anger too. Maybe they reconcile? I think they will.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

THey played such a joke on the viewer.

MAry's Right!

Did they even get counseling? Did the even try a separation? She said she got that feeling right away?

Joke, Joke, Joke, and pity the fool that believes and/or buys the tabloids

• sizemik
    sizemik

I only found out she existed after she sucked some guys dick and plastered that all over the net. So the quality of the exposure has already set it's bottom line.

It's all a money-making scam, but that only heightens the controversy anyway. Any story that sells will do . . . the lady don't mind.

• designs
    designs

Her Rump is a National Treasure it should be on Mount Rushmore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit