Was Your Life As A Jehovah's Witness HORRIBLE???

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I can't say my life was RUINED because I was a Witness. Still, I wish that my upbringing was different. There's a lot I don't like at all about the Witnesses but by the same token, there are some very good people who happen to be JWs.

I'm sure some of you hated your life as a Witness and I'm sure you have valid reasons.

• shamus100
    shamus100

It was absolutely awful.

• minimus
    minimus

poor monkey

• cantleave
    cantleave

It was all I knew. Not horrible by any means, but not as good as my life now!

• designs
    designs

Well let's see for me it was being introduced to hard alcohol at 15 by the PO and Assistant PO. Denied College, Prison over the Draft. Survived 6 Judicial committees, one instigated by my Elder brother. Lost over 1.3Million to Witnesses doing business with them. 20 years a MS/Elder with no formal training as a counselor. Jumped and molested by a group of Elders.

I'd say it was 45 years of crap.

• N.drew
    N.drew

designs? I am so sorry! It sounds awful, like a bad dream.

• shamus100
    shamus100

The amount of alcohol I consumed was ridiculous.

Looking forward to the weekends to get 'buzzed' was my life. You don't need to drink every day to have a drinking problem; many witnesses do.

I drink maybe once every three months now - and only have one glass if that.

Surrounding yourself with negative people day in day out... UUUGH!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It was horrible to me. No, my life was better than a slave or someone interned in a concentration camp. So many things were exrcuiating painful for me with the Witnesses. Acceptance was never possible. As a young child, I could not believe the doctrines. Cognitive dissonance can be very harming.

• minimus
    minimus

I feel bad for anyone that had to deal with bad elders, bad JWs, especially going to jail for a cult!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

When I was in, I didn't think it was all that bad. I had problems, but you know, work harder in the ministry. I was always so glad to have a means to cope. Then I stepped away and realized that the pathology was the organization! It's only after walking away that I realize how miserable I was.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit