Was Your Life As A Jehovah's Witness HORRIBLE???

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It's true, the Organization, snatches your life away from you.

• d
    d

My sheltered and controlled. I did go out much or have many friends. But things are different today.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

My life as a born in Witness wasn't horrible at all but it was filled with unnecessary worry, mental burdens, missed opportunities and wasted time. Much of the freshness and glitter of my youthful outlook was rubbed off by their constant negative input about the world around me, but they couldn't vanquish it altogether. Even children who grow up in an abusive households can look back on their youths with fondness about some things . Growing up as a Witness, I too came away with some fond memories and am able to dismiss much of the weirdness and nonsense because it was what I grew up with and was familiar with. Now that I know better, there's no going back. If only I knew back then what I know now, my life would have been different. I'm sure I would have experienced a diffrent set of problems but I'm sure that in the end, the very underpinnings and foundation upon which I based my present and future wouldn't have been torn from under me as it was when my eyes were opened about the JW's.

• LV101
    LV101

HORROR STORY! worse hypocrites/con artists i've ever been around (w/exception of a couple of individuals).

LV101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit