Was it the doctrine or the control that woke you up?

by Evidently Apostate 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• agent zero
    agent zero

Doctrine.. "generation" being a major one. Also, longtime repressed doubts and a general sense of skepticism. Also, as an eventual result of travelling, i ended up thinking a great deal about equal opportunity to "know Jehovah" for people who live in remote areas or places like Pakistan, China, etc., and the influence that psychological and cultural predisposition would have on them, and how that didn't seem to match Jehovah's supposed qualities of Justice and Impartiality.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Evidently Apostate:

It was most definitely the control that woke me up some years before I actually started my "fade". There were a few doctrines that didn't sit sell with me but the control is what did it. The control and judgmentalism over people with full-time jobs was one of the first wake-up calls. I thought to myself "how dare they".

I cringe at how damaged I could have been if I had listened to these control freaks and quit my decent job. Mind you, the people saying this were mostly older people who were either retired or near retirement age and lived a comfortable life in some cases on the pension of a non-JW spouse who worked for 40 years! The nerve of them! Just thinking about what could have happened makes me very angry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit