Was it the doctrine or the control that woke you up?

by Evidently Apostate 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bella15
    Bella15

Doctrine, false prophecies, sexual child abuse coverage.

• BroMac
    BroMac

controlling elders > doctrine > here

• ssn587
    ssn587

Several things, one the constant insistence that they and only they were right. 607, the change from Christ's coming in 1874 to 1914, the denial of the prophecy of 1975. The saying of the meetings are free, and then the the constant wanting of money. They, the elders, didn't really care about the rank and file witness. The constant drive to go out in the door to door fiasco. You could never do enough. just to name a few.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To PaintedToeNail: Hahaha! I agreeeee.

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Most followers attribute qualities that are not to be found in most of the elders.

1. How many of those taking the lead could be accused of obeying Peter's words here (1 Peter 5:1-4)?

"1 And now, a word to you who are elders in the churches. I, too, am an elder and a witness to the sufferings of Christ. And I, too, will share in his glory when he is revealed to the whole world. As a fellow elder, I appeal to you: 2 Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. 3 Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example. 4 And when the Great Shepherd appears, you will receive a crown of never-ending glory and honor

Instead what I have found is, there are a loud group of men, (The good ones are overpowered by the bullies.) who are critical, oppionated on the smallest human 'Quarks' (Should be Quirks but those elders can see under the great electon-micro-sin-scope.) and show this attitude described by Ezekiel 34, someone mentioned "Sheperding Calls." those are what are talked about in theory but little done in real life practice due to finite time and resources. "Elder so and so says "Don't wear a blue shirt!" Don't wear a Jerry Garcia Tie, he is the devil!" Sister kiss ass you to say "Brother D must be of the annioted because he is so spiritual! unfortunately for her, he was a flaming homosexual living in West Hollywood now." "Don't allow men to judge you wicked, most are trying to hide their own human wickedness and accuse you of what they practice." Is a paraphrase of a christian apologist I am currently reading now.

" 1 Then this message came to me from the L ord : 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds, the leaders of Israel. Give them this message from the Sovereign L ord : What sorrow awaits you shepherds who feed yourselves instead of your flocks. Shouldn’t shepherds feed their sheep? 3 You drink the milk, wear the wool, and butcher the best animals, but you let your flocks starve. 4 You have not taken care of the weak. You have not tended the sick or bound up the injured. You have not gone looking for those who have wandered away and are lost. Instead, you have ruled them with harshness and cruelty. 5 So my sheep have been scattered without a shepherd, and they are easy prey for any wild animal. 6 They have wandered through all the mountains and all the hills, across the face of the earth, yet no one has gone to search for them.

7 “Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the L ord : 8 As surely as I live, says the Sovereign L ord , you abandoned my flock and left them to be attacked by every wild animal. And though you were my shepherds, you didn’t search for my sheep when they were lost. You took care of yourselves and left the sheep to starve. 9 Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the L ord . 10 This is what the Sovereign L ord says: I now consider these shepherds my enemies, and I will hold them responsible for what has happened to my flock. I will take away their right to feed the flock, and I will stop them from feeding themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths; the sheep will no longer be their prey."

• flipper
    flipper

Definitely the control woke me up. It was insane. I gradually came to see the doctrines were insane after exiting the cult

• GeneM
    GeneM

As soon as they announced that god heald back on assigning a few of the 144,000 so that he could perpetually anoint governing body members, I knew it was over. The powers that be know it's all a sham, they are positioning themselves for the loooooong haul. They saaaaaay the big A is any day now (wink wink) but they know all they have to do is set the song to repeat and watch the dollars come it.

When I heard that from the stage, I looked around wondering why there wern't 100 people walking out...

• designs
    designs

I was already looking for the exit when the Society published The Proclaimers Book and the Revelation Grand Climax book. They were filled with such intentional errors about their own history (a history I knew well since my grandparents were original Bible Students) it became impossible to sit through any more propaganistic Lie Sessions (Meetings).

• Alfred
    Alfred

Doctrine and chronology... especially after reading Gentile Times Reconsidered (C.O. Jonsson)...

The WT knows that their chronology is seriously flawed yet they make no attempt to come clean... that level of dishonesty is what led to my exit...

• Brad Wilson
    Brad Wilson

the ever increasing control just fueled the doubts

Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit