Was it the doctrine or the control that woke you up?

by Evidently Apostate 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Doctrine for me. Blood, false prophecy, and mediator started it. Birthdays, holidays, "this generation" and judicial commitees/DFing/reinstatement procedure came next.

Eventually I realized that the concept of "new light" led to all of this garbage, and it was subject to change at a moments notice.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm not saying all elders were turds as a few former elders post here and I know them personally. What really surprissed me were the number of elders that just didn't care for the flock. I knew one elder that made the statement about CO visits, "they are here for a week and then they are gone." In other words, keep it up for a week and then we can do whatever we want. That's why every CO visit for 6 years, they would announce that the shepherding calls would start again, and never did follow up.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

'they p!ss on your back and command you to believe it's raining'

That line I am planning on plagiarizing.....

DOC

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Quendi I agree with your posts. Half these guys had barely a high school education and now they are experts in human behavior.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The control! The overall fact that JWs were the group with the least love and manners. My parents were born-in and hated the lack of privacy and the crazy control. B/c of family ties, I learned of hypocritical things on a regular basis. It is interesting. They were avid JWs, very dedicated, yet they had a sense of what was Christian or not, regardless of Brooklyn. They were always hurt by the org. I adored school and had worldly friends. They were caring and nice.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

It was never one doctrine but one after another, I became THOUGHROUGHLY conviced that God has nothing to do with this organization, and once that fact was realized, the rest came crumbling down. The flip-flopping doctrines, ridiculous control over individuals lives, and so many other things became wrong, I am now mentally "out".

• Heaven
    Heaven

Both.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

control 60% Doctrine 40%

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I'd lean to control that made me question doctrine....

• undercover
    undercover

Both.

It was doctrinal issues that woke me up, but then I realized I was chafing under the control which had actually caused me to question doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit