Was it the doctrine or the control that woke you up?

by Evidently Apostate 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Locke
    John Locke

KM September 1 2007 is what woke me up. The controle over what you can read or study was abundantly expressed there. That made me to go to the internet and search for answers. Though I was looking for the info that would prove that WTS is right about it's NWT my findings where competely opposite.

So I guess controle did it's job in my case.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Doctrine, and then the control.

As another poster said, I could have dealt with the control if the doctrine was water-tight, but it wasn't, and that made the control inexplicable.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hate when they make a promise and then welsh on it. And that's what the cockroaches did--they promised me that they (or Jehovah) would help me with the opposite sex if I became a witless, and promptly welshed on it (shame on Jehovah, that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag--he also welshed on it).

Also, I do not appreciate a religion whose members specialize in destroying my dreams. Every time I wanted to do something, they would say that it was unscriptural or that I couldn't do it for some lame reason (this is even worse for those who are born in). So I wanted to become a computer programmer and make $32 per hour (1989)? No way--they cited that it would support the military, plus the field circus and boasting sesssions I might miss. Rather, I was supposed to struggle and strive to pious-sneer, which they destroyed even that by continually hounding me to do it (which would then not be "for the right reason").

Without them, I can at least make attempts and explore things. I can dream of getting rich with a modest silver investment (if hyperinflation gets going, it will skyrocket in value). I can dream of starting my own business, even if nothing becomes of it. I can hope to get better stuff--which I did during 2009 and 2010, disposing of the crap the witlesses wanted me to do with. And I can dream of moving to another country--with the hopes of starting a business there and getting away from the witlesses that know who I am. As to whether or not it becomes reality, at least without the witlesses I will not have to contend with that "Jehovah willing" sxxx.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I would say control first...nothing you did was ever enough. Certain doctrine nagged at me...especially the generation of 1914 not passing away. I always wondered, "what will we do if nothing happens before they do pass away?"...the rest is history.

• d
    d

The control, I felt like my life was being lived for me.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Insistence on Biblical inerrancy is what did it for me, I just couldn't reconcile that doctrine within my mind no matter how hard I tried.

-Sab

• JeffT
    JeffT

The stand on education. In early 1988 they gave a talk at the CA about the evils of higher ed. My kids were doing well in school and wanted more for them. It was at that point that I realized I had no faith in the prophecy.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

It was the inconstanties in both. We are told at every meeting how important the witness work is . That our goal is to conduct Bible studies in order to make a new deciples thus saving their lives. Yet, when my teenage son (who had been living with his dfed dad ) went away to college and soon became interested in the Bible, do you think I could get ANY help to get a JW to call on him? I first asked my elder cousin if he would help locate the KH in the city he moved to. He said he would and would also look on his "list" and send a brother . He never did and and never called back. I was brand new to the internet but found the KH myself. I found the phone # of the KH as there was no # for a person listed. Called Wed AM just before 9:00-a brother who was about to conduct the meeting for service answered. I gave him the name and address of my son and explained that he seems open to a study. The brother said "That's (the address) not our territory." "Well could you pass the info to someone reliable who IS in his territory?" "I don't know anyone."he said. I hung up with disbelief. I ended up calling my son and gave him the address of the KH. He went to meetigs for WEEKS before a nice couple offered to study with him. I should have known FS is for doughnuts not deciples.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There is soo many things that I could mention that woke me up. Upper-most is the disfellowshipping and shunning doctrine. Contrast that with Prov 28:13 which says in part: ".....but he that is confessing and leaving them (transgressions) will be shown mercy." Mercy my ASS! I see evidence of abuse of the 'Flock' repeatedly. WTBTS thinks it can trump Jesus' words at Mat 18:22 in regard to forgiveness: "....not, Up to seven times, but, Up to seventy-seven times."

Another development in recent years that woke me up is the WTBTS' love of money. The expression 'Cha Ching' has become synonymous with the WTBTS. The installation of 'ATMs' at locations with large attendance is a clever, calculated and greedy move. At one Assembly Hall I know of, they have not one but 4 or 5 of such stations set up.

The many changes to the 'generation' teaching as well has caused me to loose respect for this joke of a religion.

I won't comment much about the 'No-Blood' doctrine, except to say the acceptance of blood fractions has caused me to ask........ 'Whaaaaa'?

So, yeah, I'm wide Awake!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

For years I've had nagging doubts, and mental questions of WTF? The very annoying high control, but one of the most ridiculous was not to make recordings of public talks and share them with people who are not in your congregation. Why ever not? Shouldn't anything said publically on any KH stage or at an assembly be okay to share with others? Finally, we had a Watchtower study early this summer which basically said that if you were serving and going out in FS only to save ourself, Jehovah would know and you weren't worthy. I would have never gone out in FS if it wasn't a requirement for salvation. So I stopped FS and began my FADE. Also-the constant beggin'g for money...and calling every annoying duty a 'priviledge'. It is a priviledge to scrape the crap out of the toilet. It is a priviledge to go out in FS. It is a priviledge to help weirdos at the KH by driving them to the assembly.

It is a priviledge to experience relief at not doing this garbage anymore!!!

CJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit