Those "Passion arousing jungle rythyms" !

by wobble 37 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Dance music at its most elemental has always had a tribal feeling—pounding beat and an erotic pulse, tugging away until a kind of communal rapture takes hold.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Disco literature has commented on those ancient dances, and their purpose.

ROFL!!!!!!!!! That is one of the dumbest things they have ever written!!!!!!!!!! I guess this time they couldn't be bothered to even misquote literature, so they just made it up entirely.

Is there really such a thing as disco literature?

The origin of The Hustle's wild abandon was with ancient African dancers. The tribes would perform fertility rites to the beat of drums around a ritual fire, while making sexually suggestive gestures. The goal of modern disco dance is to imitate these fertility moves, casting off the inhibitions that they may have and raping other mens' wives with their eyes. In fact, the word "disco" comes from the Greek word "discus", which means "wordly people committing demonic fornication".

It is believed that disco spread to other continents in ancient times. Some historians mention disco dancers being present at Herod's birthday. The disco at that party led to homosexuality, drug addiction, prostitution, and Devil worship.

-- Travolta, John. Journal of Discotheque Science. (1976) Vol. 8: "The Pagan Origins of Disco Revealed".

• blondie
    blondie

Shocking many when it was first introduced, [11] the waltz became fashionable in Vienna around the 1780s, spreading to many other countries in the years to follow. It became fashionable in Britain during the Regency period , [12] though the entry in the Oxford English Dictionary shows that it was considered "riotous and indecent" as late as 1825.

The waltz was also criticized on moral grounds by those opposed to its closer hold and rapid turning movements. Religious leaders almost unanimously regarded it as vulgar and sinful. Continental court circles held out obstinately against the waltz. In England, (a land of strict morals), the waltz was accepted even more slowly.

In July of 1816, the waltz was included in a ball given in London by the Prince Regent. A blistering editorial in The Times a few days later stated:

"We remarked with pain that the indecent foreign dance called the Waltz was introduced (we believe for the first time) at the English court on Friday last ... it is quite sufficient to cast one's eyes on the voluptuous intertwining of the limbs and close compressure on the bodies in their dance, to see that it is indeed far removed from the modest reserve which has hitherto been considered distinctive of English females. So long as this obscene display was confined to prostitutes and adulteresses, we did not think it deserving of notice; but now that it is attempted to be forced on the respectable classes of society by the civil examples of their superiors, we feel it a duty to warn every parent against exposing his daughter to so fatal a contagion." (Source: The Times of London, 16th July 1816)

Even as late as 1866 an article in the English magazine Belgravia stated:

"We who go forth of nights and see without the slightest discomposure our sister and our wife seized on by a strange man and subjected to violent embraces and canterings round a small-sized apartment - the only apparent excuse for such treatment being that is done to the sound of music - can scarcely realize the horror which greeted the introduction of this wicked dance."

A lot of the disapproval was voiced by the older generation, but seldom mentioned is the fact the reigning Queen (Victoria) was a keen and expert ballroom dancer with a special love of the waltz!

Read more: Waltz Historyhttp://www.centralhome.com/ballroomcountry/waltz.htm#ixzz1cjnXCwYW Dance Fitness Sports www.Centralhome.com

• AGuest
    AGuest

Perhaps the WTBTS was referring to those great hits by the one and only Mr. Marvin Gaye (may he rest in peace), dear Wobble (peace to you!):

"Let's Get it On" and "Sexual Healing.'

Liked 'em both (what teenager didn't?)... but they did make me "uneasy" if played in a "mixed" audience (you know, when either boys... or my Dad... was around...). Still do, actually...

"Dance music at its most elemental has always had a tribal feeling . . ."

Yet, worshipping God COMES from man's most "elemental" essences (peace to you, dear DNC!). Which is why most tribal peoples dance. Thus, David, the 'tribal' leader of Israel felt it was an appropriate way to GLORIFY God... and so HE danced... on his way up to the new temple at Jerusalem. Unfortunately (for her!), his dancing got on the "wrong side" of the "stick" his wife, Michal, apparently had up HER "butt" (which probably negatively affected HER rhythm... no pun intended... I think ... and so she was just jealous - LOLOL!).

Peace, chickens!

SA, on her own... who isn't going to touch the whole negative racial undertone of the WTBTS teaching... 'cause all heck tends to break loose whenever I "go there"...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Another Witness, who regretfully had to be expelled from the Christian congregation because he became swallowed up in the disco experience and committed all forms of fornication, later acknowledged: “It’s a jungle. Even if you go there with your wife and want to enjoy a little dancing, she is undressed and raped in the minds of the men there even before you get her out on the dance floor.”

LMAO! I thought that was a parody but looked it up on the CD-ROM and it's right there!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No. European folk dancing has clear origins in paganism. I doubt if a entirely new dance form originated with the earliest Christians. They might note that dances have roots in paganism but the jungle reference is overtly racist. Somehow the jungle, God's creation, is seen as demonic. Forests don't seem tobe demonic.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I could be wrong (what, I COULD be!), but I recall that the origin of drums had more to do with the heartbeat (indicating life)... than with sex (although that relates to life, too... and so probably involves some kind of "rhythm", too... no pun intended here, either... okay, pun intended... but, of course, I know absolutely nothing about that!)...

I mean, just sayin'...

Again, peace!

SA, on her own...

• journey-on
    journey-on

From the Matrix Reloaded (warning: some parts are a bit passion-arousing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q2K5aeUtHA&feature=related

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sometimes I crack myself up.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Okay, I really LOL'ed out loud at that one, rebel8.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit