Why on earth would WT use a FEMALE lawyer to defend it in Australia case?

by hamsterbait 37 Replies latest social current

• rebel8
    rebel8

Holy crap. Just when you think you've heard everything...

The wts had a confirmed role in Knocking?!

The wts pays a non-jw professional writer, and the salary is more than she made at the NYT?

The wts paid her to write an article for a professional journal, with their version of the Holocaust?

Band-on-the-Run was stalked by a murderous dad who tried to put her in a foster home?

I am in shock.

• Ding
    Ding

Maybe this female lawyer is one of the "anointed remnant."

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Note that in Numbers 30: 3 - 15, the vows of wives and unmarried daughters were subject to affirmation or cancellation by the husband or father.

As a member of the Bethel Family, the woman conducting its case is subject to the head of that "Family", the WT at Australia Bethel

I know this isn't about your point, and your point is still good for many reasons. However, I thought you would find this interesting. For some reason, I remember one of those TMS reviews (do they still do that) and they asked the question, (paraphrased) "Can a husband cancel a Christian wife's vow?" The answer was NO, cuz that was the old law, that passed away when Jesus came. So a woman cannot be released from her vow by her husband. Which makes sense! They don't want a bunch of UBM's cancelling out promised servitude and money.

Also don't ask me why I remember that! I don't remember any other questions, even if I did study for them. I guess I was just surprised by this answer, and any surprise in the KH is sweet and sticks with a person in the sea of boredom.

NC

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Rebel8, Jolene Chu was a JW when she was working at the NYTimes. I think it was Klein that heard about her and recommended she be invited to Bethel. When I spoke to the NYTimes Religious Editor, I was surprised to learn that Jolene said she was being offered a higher wage at Watch Tower than what she made at the Times. In fact, I told Ms. Goodstein that all the staff in the Editorial (Writing) Dept. were volunteers and did not receive a weekly wage except a small monthly allowance, so I was perplexed by what Chu told Goodstein. Afterwards, I remembered that there were professionals in many departments that were paid to work at Bethel, so if Chu was given a weekly salary, she wasn't alone.

Chu wrote many articles about JWs and the Holocaust that appeared in professional journals, not just one. See http://www.jwhistory.net/english/publications.htm .

WT was completely behind the making of Knocking. Gene Smalley of the Writing Dept. was, to my knowledge, the arranger. The money to make the documentary came from a wealthy Jewish JW family. In fact, I recently saw the names of three young men, who might be sons or grandsons of the contributors, in a list of people who lost money in the Ponzi-like scheme that came to light last year in Spokane, WA, where over 400 people from all over the world lost millions to a JW woman operating an investment scheme out of a type of loan company and most victims were JWs. On the list I also saw the names of a couple at the Patterson complex that lost $14,000 and a couple that we knew at Brooklyn Bethel who were there as local volunteers. They lost, I think, $177,000. Right now that case is still going strong. Recently, I downloaded some court transcripts.

I didn’t mean to highjack this thread but true to the AndersonsInfo name, from time to time, I pass along other information when I’m posting on a specific thread so readers can get an insight into more of the workings of the Watch Tower.

Barbara

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Sorry, whats her name and age?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I know why they are using a female lawyer. I would bet that Mr. Toole as an Elder is himself guilty for not getting the Victoria WWC card. So the branch is sending in someone with cleaner hands.

SIAM

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I would bet that Mr. Toole as an Elder is himself guilty for not getting the Victoria WWC card.

As Vin Toole does not live or work in the state of Victoria, he would not need to receive a Victorian WWC card.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

BP

My bad, Oops good point! Does the law apply to representatives of the society who provide services in victoria?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Rachel van Witsen, who appeared in court Oct. 11th in the Unthank criminal case is based in the State of Queensland (Gold Coast) and is a 'corporate' lawyer specializing in the Australian Corporations Act.

Barbara

• sabastious
    sabastious

You are right. The Watchtower wouldn't send a woman unless they had. So they had to because she must be the best chance they got.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit