Why on earth would WT use a FEMALE lawyer to defend it in Australia case?

by hamsterbait 37 Replies latest social current

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

How many of us here find the use of a Female to conduct the defence unusual?

The Wt religion is notoriously misogynistic. Anybody with a penis is preferable to do a non menial job.

Why the change here?

In other threads we notice that in court the defence has denied the existence of the FDS, and that the Christian Congregation of JWs does not operate in Australia. Could the use of a woman in court be part of an unfolding "Theocratic Strategy"?

In court those testifying and conducting cases are SWORN under oath to tell the truth.

Note that in Numbers 30: 3 - 15, the vows of wives and unmarried daughters were subject to affirmation or cancellation by the husband or father.

As a member of the Bethel Family, the woman conducting its case is subject to the head of that "Family", the WT at Australia Bethel.

They can turn around later, and say "of course SHE said such and such in court. But we do not affirm any of her statements in court, and countermand them." Any other part of the Organisation in other countries can also say they disagree with this womans testimony, as her family head has cancelled it out anyway.

Would you put this past them?

HB

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

she must have become a witness after she qualified and now she is the ace up their sleeve. yupt she makes them look good and this will help with theocratic strategy.

I don't think she is denying that the FDS exists though. What makes you say that?

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

soft+gentle wrote:

I don't think she is denying that the FDS exists though. What makes you say that?

Here are a couple of recent threads about it. In the one below, look at the result where the accused is the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/217364/1/Australia-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Child-Abuse-Governing-Body-Of-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Court-Case

Also, below is a thread with more info & commentary from an observer.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/217233/1/Victoria-Australia-Report-on-Oct-11th-hearing-involving-Steven-Unthank

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

thnaks interested one. the anonymous xjw reporter explains it very well. The JW lawyer may say that the FDS are not a legal entity but the Victoria Australia definitions of legal entities includes entities like the FDS. It is going to be interesting how this is thrashed out in court.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

There are also other women representing the witnesses in court and also writing articles etc defending them...

I do not remember her name, but I think there is a sister with a chinese name affiliated with Brooklyn if I remember correctly.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Jolene Chu

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Yes, that was the one :-) Thank you

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

She is only saying that the Faithful and Discreet Slave does not exist as a legal person capable of being sued in a court. Imagine suing the Trinity or Grace.

I am livid about their use of female lawyers. My JW father tried to pull me out of high school against my will. I had to face being placed in a foster home and never seeing the rest of my family. Indeed, he would have stalked me and killed me.. No exaggeration. Many local witnesses were leaving high school at young ages. I was fortunate enough to attend an Ivy League college. My classmates were nurtured by their families. College was so important to them. My family ridiculed college. It was not the worst thing on earth but it drained me. I knew not where I belonged -- the KH or college. It took years to acclimate to a middle class, normal life. Years of agony but determination.

I expect she made the court appearance to window dress the defense. How culty can the Witnesses be with a female lawyer. No, they are mainstream. From what people have posted, I get the impression that she is the junior lawyer. I found a law review article written by a Witness female lawyer. It simply enrages me. One set of rules for them and another one for me. When I was admitted, you must take an oath to defend the state and US Constittuion with your life. Lawyers, all lawyers, are an essential part of the establishment and government. Flag salute, which is meaningless, is wrong. Children can face extreme pressure but a select few can be totally enmeshed in Caesar.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

To me, one thing it shows is that they still don't respect the process or the Victorian magistrates. Vin Toole can't be bothered to get off his ass and attend these hearings personally. He sends a female underling.

Another part of this is strategic/psychological. A woman defending the organization instead of protecting the children? For her to do that the children really must not be in any danger, right? No woman would sacrifice child safety for the sake of a corporation would she?

• zoiks
    zoiks

I used to be in the Engineering and Design department on our RBC. My supervisor was a local elder, and his supervisor was a licensed Architect at Bethel - a woman. I got a kick out of him having to run everything past her for approval - I think it threw him for a loop.

JWs are strange in that the organization is outwardly male-dominated and misogynistic in its formal structure, but the reality at the branch offices can be very different. Of course, very few JWs even know that there are women like Barb Anderson, Jolene Chu, and other lawyers, accountants, architects, engineers, etc. being used to further the organization's interests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit