How many ex-JW's are musicians on here?

by NoRegrets 48 Replies latest social entertainment

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree with u Jimi. I was taking lessons years ago from a pro who's band had just broken up, (He was in a band named after the Windy City), to get more esperiance in Rock music. I was already an accomplished guitarist, in a band. I was young so I was still in the mode of trying to be the best. My instructer, who was in his late 40's, used to tell me to just settle down, there are thousands of guitarists in this country who will never perform in front of people and they are all better than u. He said his accountant just smokes on guitar and he just practices in his garage. It's about getting the tunes to people.Write some killer songs.

Although I haven't picked up my guitar in years, I recently started practicing at night when I have insomnia, which is for the most part, every night. I dunno, alot of my old friends are bugging me to pick it up.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Muscian in tune, over hear!!!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Does my new GIG band Guitar on PS3 count?? ha

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

sure why not

• JRK
    JRK

I play guitar; and have an acoustic, electric and dobro. I also play violin, and love to plug it into my Valvetronic amp to make very distorted cool sounds. Very demonic, thank you very much! 120 watts and a six speaker half stack. Vox, there is no substitute.

JK

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There was a rock musician here in Los Angeles that fronted a band with an electric violin. He got soem local airplay with a remake of the Theme from Perry Mason. He played these blistering fast runs with distortion and it just sounded cool. Can't remember his name or the band or what happened to him

• talesin
    talesin

I learned to play guitar this past year (acoustic), and can play the big African drums quite well. :) It's always been a dream to play piano (as a young child, I used to 'compose' on our piano, it was natural to me), but never come to fruition.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

wha happened -- Could that violinist have been Ashley MacIsaac? Dark hair, bearded, young ,,, often wears a kilt.

tal

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I googled it. It was Jerry Goodman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit