Do the Governing Body members ever go Door-to-Door?

by 00DAD 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheSheppard
    TheSheppard

dozy: What you said is true, but Bethel service is already considered "full-time service". I know bethelites that love service and they auxiliaried pioneer several months of the year in addition to their bethel service.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Anyways, for what it's worth, those are the experiences I personally had. I had a chance to sit and talk with Swingle, Klein, Schroeder and Splane on separate occassions. I'll share those experiences at a later time. -TheSheppard

Since I see you posting again, I thought I'd bump this for you. Would you care to share?

• TheSheppard
    TheSheppard

I will have to write a book :-) Seriously, I will add more details little by little. I don't want to post experiences that I cherish about friends I care about if these will be used for hatred or to mock Witnesses. So, I will decide in the future what or if I will share.

• Knowsnothing
  • Scott77
    Scott77

I noticed that Sam Hard looks muscular. He is really like that?

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Scott77, I have met him face to face and I would not say so.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

A CO once put it to me this way: The Witnesses are organized like a military unit and command structure. The GB are the Generals. The Service Department are the Colonels. The DOs and COs are the Lieutenants. Elders are the Sargeants, and the Ministerial Servants are the Corporals. Everyone else are Privates. The actual fighting (preaching) is done by the lower ranks. Jehovah needs to have such a highly organized and discliplined organization, and everyone has their own roles to play.

GB members are notorious for being too busy to find much time in field service. Though it's unfair to say that they never go out in field service, they do count their time giving talks and get to report a decent amount of hours. The GB wives are another matter altogether.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

"You send the pawns out first, to pave the way for the higher pieces" Magneto told his mutants in X-Men 3, nobody is too busy to obey Jesus Christ words, unless you put yourself on his level, by saying "his ransom applies to the annointed only", this will create "class distinctions James talked about in his book.

• biometrics
    biometrics

So door to door work was ok for Jesus, but it's beneath the GB?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bumping.

What magazine was this picture in? I would really love to have it checked by someone who is an expert with photo-shop. I just want to know for sure. I will pay to know..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit