Do the Governing Body members ever go Door-to-Door?

by 00DAD 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When I was at Brooklyn Bethel, I would OFTEN see Lyman Swingle and his wife participating in the street work in the Brooklyn Heights area.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

leavingwt: Good, there's at least one affirming first hand experience. Of course, Street Witnessing is still NOT Door-to-door. But it's something.

Did you ever see any other GB members out in any aspect of Field Service?

BTW, when were you at Bethel?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Did you ever see any other GB members out in any aspect of Field Service?

No. Please keep in mind that Swingle attended the local KH in the neighborhood. So, he was in his territory while engaging in the street work. I would not have had occasion to see any of the others, who did not attend the local congregation at the 107 Columbia Heights Kingdom Hall.

BTW, when were you at Bethel?

1994-2000 (Bindery, Factory Office, Information Systems)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

leavingwt: Understood. So the fact that you didn't see them doesn't mean they didn't because they were in different congregations.

As mentioned, I'm just interested what confirmation, if any, we can get on Ray Franz' assertion that generally speaking the GB brothers did NOT engage in the Door-to-door ministry.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@00DAD

ScenicViewer: Do you have the link for the thread you referenced? I searched and couldn't find it.

Hmm. I searched for it too, and couldn't find it. If I find it later I will gladly post the link.

It was only a few months ago. Not sure why it wouldn't show up in a search, unless the thread was deleted for some reason.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

The GB are called heavys by bethelites. It means they have heavy resposiblites. They dont have time for door to door work. Even if they did no one is home now a days. Most are at work. But then agian with the economy the way it is maybe the door to door work will make a come back agian.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

"...they plaigerised a photo from an Italian paper of a woman in a jail cel..."

Plaigerising and manipulating photos seems to be fair game for the Watchtower.

A famous one is the Reader's Digest advertisement that was used for a magazine cover.

The original:

The Watchtower 9-15-82:

After getting caught a change was forced. Bound volume covers were like this:

A report can be found here,http://www.watchtowerlies.com/watchtowerlies_063.htm

• Alfred
    Alfred

Don't know the answer to the poster's question, but...

...who is that guy grabbing Sam Herd's ass?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

lifestooshort - The GB are called heavys by bethelites. It means they have heavy resposiblites. They dont have time for door to door work. Even if they did no one is home now a days. Most are at work.

So the GB boys have "heavy resposiblites" [sic] do they and "They dont have time for door to door work". Well, boo-hoo for them! Poor babies.

Are you serious? How is that any different than the situation of virtually EVERY Rank & File Witness in the entire world? The GB members are the ones that make these oppressive rules. If they can't/won't live up to them then they should coerce others. Maybe they should read this:

Matthew 24:2 - 4 - “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform. They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger."

I can only hope you were trying to be sarcastic and not serious!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Man, Sam Herd has a fat head!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit