What will you be having for Xmas dinner?

by Pams girl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I hope you all have a wonderful day, whatever youre doing, and whom ever youre doing it with!

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Seafood.

Oysters and champaigne are always on the menu. Opening the oysters is one of my favourite traditions.

No one let me do it at first as I wasnt used to it and its easy to cut oneself.

All the menfolk go down to the cellar to open them ( we keep them in the cool). We drink several glasses of white wine and taste a few pf the oysters as we open them.

Thanks for posting the topic Paula. Thats put me in the Christmas spirit for the weekend.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

We'll be celebrating Christmas Jewish style by having Chinese food. They are the only restaurants open on Christmas

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's a great idea!

• N.drew
    N.drew

Pams girl. It sound wonderful!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Last year we spent our Thanksgiving on a cruise ship. I'd love to do the same this year for Christmas

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Last year we spent our Thanksgiving on a cruise ship. I'd love to do the same this year for Christmas

We went to the Cowboys game last year for Thanksgiving and had dinner in the Silver Club. Haven't decided yet for this year, but probably a spiral cut Ham at home.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I roasted a whole pig outside last year.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Lot's of Brazilian Food.....

Since the Wife is Brazilian and we spend Xmas eve with her Family and Friends......

my Fav is Tutoo kinda of like Pea soup without the Peas LOL and it's Brown but damn GOOD!!!

And I make a Baked Ham. And Xmas Eve is big with the Brazilians and Ohhh the fun we have.....

Oh yeah the kid's have fun too.....

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!

Then after we open Presents....we Go the Road to Visit more....... it's like a 48hr NON STOP Party...... take nap at 4am Xmas morning then at 6am start again...........

I can't even celebrate New Years Eve.....still recovering from Xmas!!

• wobble
    wobble

WE always had a bloody good meal and a piss up with as many of the family as possible coming to our place even when we were in.

The difference now is we only have family who are no longer in, or have never been in, and we now have Turkey if we want, neither of us rate it much actually, but it makes for another meat on the plate, and is O.K cold with pickles at a later time.

The Christmases since we left have been special, we have got to know our non-witness family so much better, long talks and lots of laughter !

We always did drink a lot on Chrissy Day, but the last few since we left have been historic !!

I am looking forward to it this year again, I do hope most of the Irish can make it over here, they make me look like a modest drinker ! and they are so damn funny ! wonderful conversationalists, full of Blarney !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit