What will you be having for Xmas dinner?

by Pams girl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Making dinner @ my friend's place,,, we were discussing it today. :)

turkey w/ stuffing, smashed potatoes,,, the usual!!! :)

lots of BUTTER and GRAVY!!!

mmmmmm....

t

• talesin
    talesin

mashed carrots & turnips ... and some kinda home made pie ...apple? I prefer blueberry ...

:D

xoxoxoxo to Xmas!!!

• talesin
    talesin

How about Bananas Foster? Put the flame to the brandy... yum!

• talesin
    talesin

An easy, 'fancy', dessert for the holidays .. Bananas Foster.

Peel a couple of bananaas, and slice about 1/2" thick ,,,

heat large saucepan to med-high. Add 1-2 T butter, and sliced bananas.

Stir in 1/2 c dark brown sugar, and turn down heat to medium. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Add 2 oz brandy to pan, stir, light on fire ... remove from heat... fire will burn out ...

YUM .. Bananas Foster .....

Serve in dessert dish w/ freshly whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream ...

• elm
    elm

Hi Pams girl.........I'm just as excited as you, and have been slowly being preparing for it over the last few weeks.

I don't go over board on the present side of it but I make our home as festive as it can look and try to invite as many friends and family to be together.

Good food, good wine, great company which gives long lasting memories something to hold on too and look back on with love. This is so different to the memories I had growing up as a witness.

I've always loved the American Thanksgiving day the meaning of it and all the family together, So here in the UK I've decided to have my own Thanksgiving day and give thanks for finding out that the organization is a lie and celebrate in style.

I'm going to bake a big ex JW birthday cake complete with candles for each year I've been an apostate.

I'm going to get my friends to send me happy apostate cards.

In the UK on the 5th of November we have guy fawkes night with bonfires and fire works so on my Thanksgiving apostate day I will be also having fireworks and burning the odd watchtower or two (if they burn).

I will be wearing low cut tops and tight trousers and drinking as much as I like

And everyone is welcome there will be only one rule of apostate law NO Shunning Allowed.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hi Elms! Thats a great idea having Thanksgiving in the UK We do have a lot to be thankful for dont we x

We are looking forward to Bonfire night too, isnt it great we can enjoy days like this without all the JW restrictions? I mean, whats Satanic about enjoying a few fireworks and sitting around a bonfire?

I love your NO SHUNNING ALLOWED policy, wonderful!

Its grat to hear what other folk are eat, what fab diverse tastes we all have.....my mouth is still watering, i need a bib hahaha x

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

oooo Loz, smoked salmon and bucks fizz in bed...could life get any better? I dont think so xxx

Thanks for all your comments. x

"Sleigh bells ring.......are you listening? down the lane, snow is glistening.........what a wonderful sight, were happy tonight, walking in a Winter wonderland!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit