What will you be having for Xmas dinner?

by Pams girl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im getting rather excited! Its only 8 weeks away! This year, for the 1st time in 6 years, we are having a proper Xmas. We are buying a tree in a few weeks, and Ive made some salt dough decs, as well as ordering some lovely new ones. When my little boy puts the star on top this year, at least I wont be thinking "Ah yes, Satans star, leading him to baby Jesus...."

Im cooking- Leg of lamb, Turkey, roast potatoes, honey parsnips, brussel sprouts, baton carrots, cabbage, peas, pigs in blankets (mini sausages wrapped in crispy bacon), buttery mash, and my famous huge yorkshire puddings. MMMMM, my mouth is watering........ Proper gravy, not granules.

We will be sitting down at 3pm to enjoy this feast, which Im grateful for, and sharing with my step dad, hubby, and son. I will be taking a few plates to some of the elderly people in my street too. Im going to be very happy this year. Now, wheres my old Xmas songs CD?

What are you having for dinner, and who will you be sharing Xmas with?

Paula x

• Alfred
    Alfred

elders knocking on my door just to see if I have decorations up

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Come round mine Alfred x

• JRK
    JRK

A cannoli, if I am lucky.

JK

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'm still organising Halloween, let alone thinking about Christmas!!!

Christmas in Australia usually means summer salads, cold meat including seafood etc. I don't have any local family members that celebrate xmas so I'll probably hang out with someone. I'm usually the orphan at other family's christmases.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I think I will Pam...

• sizemik
    sizemik

For a couple of years after getting out we still didn't bother with Christmas. We've spent the last three at the MIL's with oodles of extended family which was nice. This year however we're having our first real family Christmas. Big fat Xmas dinner, tree, decorations, pressies . . . the works.

Just Mum and Dad and our three sons will be together. Two of them will be off to new adventures next year, so it might be a while before it happens again. I want them to adopt the tradition . . . and make it a feature of their life from now on for them and their future families to enjoy.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am going to let Jane do all the work whilst I sit and watch!!!

• watersprout
    watersprout

I will be with Carrot and babysprout... We are having a real tree, lots of decorations and SANTA IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For dinner we will be have a non turkey joint and a nut roast... Plus roast potatoes, carrot and butternut squash mash, normal mash, loads of veggies, homemade yorkshire puddings, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, non pigs in blankets and loads of gravy! I am soo hungry now! Lol. Plus we will be having three different types of desserts!

Then on boxing day going to stay at my parents and having another Christmas all over again!

Peace

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, Paula

I'm an elderly person. I will be showing at at 3:00, with my bottle of Crown Royal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit