What will you be having for Xmas dinner?

by Pams girl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

OMG champagne and Oysters Jean-Luc, bugger the agoraphobia, Im on the next plane.

Except I have got a passport.

And a roast piggy. Oh my lord. All your descripitions sond wonderful. Except Angus, who will get a severe beating next time I see him.

Hungry. Much x

Im so lucky. I have an inside loo that flushes. A hubby who loves me. Some food. And I can occasionally pay the bills.

Paula x

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Paula, your X-Mas dinner sounds absolutely GREAT! Just in case a few stray folk show up at your table this year, it may be me and hubby. You have such a kind heart and soul to be bringing plates of yummy food to a few elderly folk in your neighborhood.

Hubby is of Serbian descent, so the past few X-Mas dinners have been heaping portions of sarma (minced meat and rice rolled up into cabbage and then baked) and then a baked bread called "pogaca" (or polozajnik - I may have mangled the spelling). A silver coin or dime is baked inside the bread and good luck is brought to the one who finds it. All of this is then topped off with a nice Port....ahhhhhh, sheer bliss.

I love Christmas!

But first...I will love Thanksgiving. Hee hee.

~ RTA

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thought I'd post the world-view/belief-systems of those we're planning on sharing X-mas dinner with.

Me: Agnostic/Atheist/Wanna-be-Deist

Wife: Fundamentalist Atheist

Daughter: Free-spirited pagan(?)

Son: Hardcore fundamentalist atheist

My DFed, gay brother: Agnostic/atheist with a penchant for Hindu traditions

Friend of family: Taoist (sort of), raised in another high-control Christian religion so relates well to the ex-JW experience

"Worldly couple" wife met at gym: Both atheists

So, the question is, should I invite my other brother? (Congregation Secretary and hardcore JW Company Man)

om

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Very similar food to you Paula..Turkey and possible Goose too this year. Must haves are bread sauce, brussels sprouts with butter, etc etc. Xmas pud with custard AND cream for afters...and cheese and biscuits if we can fit them in. Oh I forgot prawn cocktail starters, bit dated but still loved.

For the first time since we met MrLozhasleft and I want to have lunch together on our own in our new home instead of being out at various family members' homes. We will do a tour round in the morning to visit the children etc of course, first.

Ooh and I forgot to mention breakfast...hubby is bringing me Bucks Fizz proper with smoked salmon/cream cheese bagels ... in bed. Happy days eh?

Loz x

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Carrot ginger soup, tofurky, rum carrots, brussel sprouts, mashed potatos, spinach salad, and whatever else I think of between now and then.

W

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft
    Im so lucky. I have an inside loo that flushes. A hubby who loves me. Some food. And I can occasionally pay the bills.

You are hunny, you are. And all the more so because you realise that the above counts so much. That's wisdom. I feel very similar myself. to be honest. I dont envy anyone or what anyone else has cos I really value what I have myself. Its a good feeling, isnt it? If I was nearer to you I'd definitely insist you called in for a Christmas tipple.

Lovely thread, gets us all in the mood.

Loz x

• Voices
    Voices

My girlfriend deicided to cook our cat

Me

• stillin9
    stillin9

Since Christmas is on a Sunday this year, we'll be having our weekly meeting! LOL

Too bad I still can't celebrate...but to those who can, enjoy! And that sounds delicious Pams!

• umadevi
    umadevi

This is our first Christmas and we are planning to get a tree too! Lots of asian food - asian pancakes, rice, chicken curry,... hot and spicy!

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

This is one of the things which makes it suck living in Mexico. No Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner...So......My wife and I drive to Laredo Texas and eat at Denny´s. Real sliced turkey meat with stuffing and cranberry sauce. That is as close as I can get to having it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit