Have You Ever Feared Being Outed On This Site?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

or do you not care at all?

• undercover
    undercover

Scared shitless when I first joined. But when people are out to get you, paranoia is just good thinking.

While I'm not so worried about what the WTS through their lackey elders can/will do anymore, I don't go out of my way to expose myself. I've met a few people from here and I know a few others, but as for the masses, I prefer to still be anonymous.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Dont care, at all, because I have been completely, publicly, OUT since about 1980. Even joined with my own name and my own picture.

But just as a matter of interest, do we have a bona-fide case of anyone who WAS outted on this site?

• Open mind
    Open mind

james-woods: But just as a matter of interest, do we have a bona-fide case of anyone who WAS outted on this site?

Well, there was Richard Simmons.

edited to add: Exactly what undercover said. When I first signed up my hands were almost shaking because of fear of being outed and the inborn stigma attached to Apostasy.

om

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes. Therefore, I began participating after I DA'd myself. I had lurked for a few months prior to writing my letter.

• sabastious
    sabastious

My family has a packet of print outs from my posts here. So I guess a better question for me would be did I fear getting outted on this site and the answer was yes. *waves to family*

-Sab

• nugget
    nugget

happened to us. You get over it. Hi to my cyber stalker.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Everyone who knows me..Knows I`m not JW anymore..

Still..I like my privacy..

I shall remain an Enigma wrapped in a Question Mark..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes, yes I have, still do.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

There is not a thing any flunky witness can do to me....

Beth Stanley

Boulder, CO 80302

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit