An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Shelby, come have a drink

...and (by the way) those who don't believe in THE GOD or your God or any god don't blame Earth's problems on god - we just wonder how you who do believe reconcile it. Love you darlin, now what are you drinking?

• AGuest
    AGuest

I had to ask myself (may you all have peace!) why the [atheists] still debate/argue/discuss on this thread and can only come to two conclusions:

1. Either they cannot stop because they believe they can/will/MUST change someone's beliefs... which makes me wonder how they truly different from, say, JWs and/or other evangelical fundamentalists/Islamic extremists... who also believe it is their "job" to change what people believe to what they believe... and won't refrain from "abusive speech/conduct" in order to do it; or

2. They're asking the questions they are because of sincere curiosities they have as to what "we" believe... and doubts (albeit minute) as to what they [don't] believe... even though they can't yet admit it.

Otherwise, there really is not reason FOR them to continue: every issue raised and question propounded has been responded to. True, they might not LIKE the response... but that only indicates to me a high level of immaturity (such as I once witnessed among JWs).

"We" (believers) continuing participating pretty much because (1) we and/or our comments are specifically addressed, or (2) "they" keep calling for "us" to defend our faith... or answer various questions... which, if "we" were to just ignore, would be touted by "them" as "evidence" that we "have no answer/response." To the contrary - we have... and so do... yet, are repeatedly accused of NOT doing so. The little children in the markeplace scenario.

But, because I don't want to assume or jump to [wrong] conclusions, I ask "you", any of you non-believers who wish to reply: why REALLY are you still involved in this thread, still asking questions (and, sadly, unilaterally dismissing answers that don't comport with your views), and still taking issue with [a] God... that you claim not to believe exists?

I truly would like to know where you're coming from. Because at this point, you're not making any sense, whatsoever, in your contentions. I look forward to your response(s), truly, and, again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• N.drew
    N.drew

Ask me! Ask me!!

• undercover
    undercover

I like train wrecks...

• unshackled
    unshackled

Alrighty....off for drinks and KFC at Outlaw's ranch it is then.

Last one out, don't forget to get the lights.

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

If ONLY everything was as easy as AGuest, tec, N.drew make it out to be. Did someone send out food this morning to Somalia? What a moronic question. Where can I drop off the food? Is there a drop off center in the rural areas of the world, and some of the urban where that day it would be sent to the victims of suffering? And does it reach all across the world, to the people who are hungry in our own streets? No. Are people financially able to feed everyone on Earth? Are there people that are? Yes. Do they? No. Who allows this to happen? Not us, not me, I have no power of what Trump, Gates, and previously Jobs do/did with their money. Who allows it? Well seeing as how you believe in God, it must be God, for who has absolute power over everyone? GOD.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby, come have a drink

Oooh, really, dear Poopsie, Girl (peace to you!)? (SA feels a drool coming on...)

...and (by the way) those who don't believe in THE GOD or your God or any god don't blame Earth's problems on god - we just wonder how you who do believe reconcile it.

I know SOME of you wonder, dear one (you, of course - I get that, truly!), but some seem to just want to... ummmmm... contend. Because we've explained. Not saying anyone has to agree or accept it... but if one asks, one's a bit... ummmmm "foolish", IMHO, if one then proceeds to take issue with the answer because one doesn't "like" or agree with it.

Love you darlin, now what are you drinking?

Gin martini, love (Beefeater, Seagrams, or well - no tanqueray/Blue Sapphire, etc., for me!). A little 'dirty', straight up, with extra olives! Actually, better make it a double, in light of the progress of this thread - LOLOLOLOL!

Peace, love... and thanks for the invite! I'll be over right after dinner with dear OUTLAW (peace, my luv... and is your Chinese [man] Mandarin, Cantonese, or Szechaun... I prefer Szechuan... and will he come with noodles? I LOVE noodles!!)

SA, on her own, drooling and licking lips...

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Ask me! Ask me!!

Ooh, Can dear N.drew come, too, dear Poopsie? I'm taking her with to dear OUTLAW'S for Chinese (he won't mind, so long as she doesn't "hog" all the KFC - hmmmm... maybe we should have "pork" Szechuan, dear one?)... and it'll take me too far out of the way to drive her home first. Lemme know...

Piecce to ALL you chickens (especially those in the Colonel's bucket!),

SA, on her own...

• N.drew
    N.drew

Noodles! Do you want to know what is wrong with humanity? The root cause? Adults don't do kid's stuff.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Not to go?!?*%?*! To tell. I did not miss your lovely incomplete combobulated* sentence, Shelby. I suspect it was on purpose, if so, thanks! If not, then, nevermind! I mean, not like that FGS! You know what I mean. That was magic. What was magic. The font chanced to italic. None of my doing.

* this is not a swear. It means "confound it".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit