An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

AGuest, would you mind naming names? I would prefer to know if I am in the group of people who apparently lack knowledge of the Bible, that way I can witness my mistakes and correct them.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Is the bible the word of god?

If so, then we should believe it and not any person's interpretation, yes? For by definition, any and every human cannot completely understand god.

If not, then why bother knowing it at all?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your all Dammed without a KFC Chicken Leg..

And..

You ain`t gettin Mine!..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dQmE2MWTIM0/SPeJi6cwoLI/AAAAAAAAADw/-KX6SuLlkL0/s320/big-mamma.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• tec
    tec

Is it possible for someone to have trust and love in their heart and not be a believer?

Yes. But not trust and love for God, obviously, right? You left that part out.

And what of the rest of the summary I proposed?

I thought I answered it in my clarification. But I'll go point for point if you like:

Those who have trust and love in their heart but pray to a non-christian god are SOL.

Well, they can complain that their god is not answering them, but how can they complain that a god they don't believe in is not answering them?

Those who have trust and love in their heart but do not call on god are SOL.

If you do not call on god, then you're not praying to begin with, and so why would you complain that your non-prayers are not being answered?

Those who do not pray at all are SOL

Same as above.

Is this an accurate summary of the idea quoted?

I don't think so. However, what I think you are actually asking (I could be wrong, please correct me if I am), is does God care more about people who believe in him and less about people who do not believe in him, but who might have the same amount of love in their hearts for their fellow man?

I don't think he loves them less, no. But we usually go to our own children first. Those who have our spirit and who are calling on us, because we are responsible for them first. Either through blood or a promise. (for us, we know our children by blood (and adoption)... for God, I believe that is by blood (jew, from a promise), and spirit (adoption/also by a promise) )

Then we might invite all those others who have shown themselves to be our children, by the spirit of love in them. Out of the abundance of our love for them too.

Peace,

Tammy

• undercover
    undercover

So OUTLAW...

Does Colonel Sanders speak to you? What does he say? (3 Piece Dinner to you)

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

yay! Drinks with unshackadoodlekins and the Taminator!! I'll buy undercover's cocktail

• AGuest
    AGuest
    you want to believe in god no matter if he allows millions of kids to starve to death every year.

The Most Holy One of Israel doesn't allow ANYONE to starve. When Israel showed that they didn't have the "law" (of love, which says to LOVE your neighbor, brother, strangers, even enemies) written on their HEARTS... He had it written on... well, either papyrus or vellum. He said, in so many words, as Christ said: "YOU feed them." (Matthew 14:16; Mark 6:37) There were provisions, then, for the poor, infirmed, widows, orphans, etc., to BE fed... which resulted in blessings for those who did so.

Same premise with sexual abuse, etc. No "adultery", no "coveting" that which belonged to someone else. This would include their children.

God gave US... HIS seed... the PRIVILEGE of caring for one another, the PRIVILEGE of being our brothers' "keeper." Of caring for the earth and the other living things in it. Of caring for and looking after one another. Those who ARE His seed take this privilege... and responsibility... serious. We understand its VALUE: to those we DO "good" to... and to ourselves. We realize that we can't "fix" the world - the world does not belong to us... or we to it... so as TO "fix" it. We can, however, do our part as to those who are put in our paths or we theirs. Take responsibility rather than pointing fingers and blaming others... and God. Thus, we UNDERSTAND the words of the Prophet (recorded at Isaiah 58:6-14):

Is not this the fast that I choose? To loosen the fetters of wickedness, to release the bands of the yoke bar, and to send away the crushed ones free, and that YOU people should tear in two every yoke bar? Is it not the dividing of your bread out to the hungry one, and that you should bring the afflicted, homeless people into [your] house? That, in case you should see someone naked, you must cover him, and that you should not hide yourself from your own flesh?

In that case your light would break forth just like the dawn; and speedily would recuperation spring up for you. And before you your righteousness would certainly walk; the very glory of JaHVeH would be your rear guard. In that caseyou would call, and JaHVeH himself would answer; you would cry for help, and he would say, ‘Here I am!’

If you will remove from your midst the yoke bar, the poking out of the finger and the speaking of what is hurtful; a nd you will grant to the hungry one your own soul[ful desire], and you will satisfy the soul that is being afflicted, your light also will certainly flash up even in the darkness, and your gloom will be like midday. And JaHVeH will be bound to lead you constantly and to satisfy your soul even in a scorched land, and he will invigorate your very bones; and you must become like a well-watered garden, and like the source of water, the waters of which do not lie. And at your instance men will certainly build up the places devastated a long time; you will raise up even the foundations of continuous generations. And you will actually be called the repairer of [the] gap, the restorer of roadways by which to dwell.

If in view of the sabbath you will turn back your foot as regards doing your own delights on my holy day, and will actually call the sabbath an exquisite delight, a holy [day] of JaHVeH, one being glorified, and will actually glorify it rather than doing your own ways, rather than finding what delights you and speaking a word; you will in that case find your exquisite delight in JaHVeH, and I will make you ride upon the high places of the earth;and I will cause you to eat from the hereditary possession of Jacob your forefather,for the mouth of JaHVeH itself has spoken [it].”

We, each of us, have an INDIVIDUAL responsibility... IF we want to belong to, be heard by, and blessed by the Most Holy One of Israel. Although the opportunity was first held out to Israel... through Christ it is held out to ALL mankind. Does that mean these are the ONLY ones He hears, calls, blesses? No... because as one writer stated, "When people of the nations due by NATURE the things of the Law, they ARE a law... unto themselves." Thus, the "sheep"... who do "good" to Christ's brothers. They do so BY NATURE... and, as a result, can have their prayers heard, as well:

"Now in Caes·a·re´athere was a certain man named Cornelius, an army officer of the Italian band, as it was called, a devout man and one fearing God together with all his household, and he made many gifts of mercy to the peopleand made supplication to God continually. Just about the ninth hour of the day he saw plainly in a vision an angel of God come in to him and say to him: “Cornelius!” The man gazed at him and, becoming frightened, said: “What is it, Lord?” He said to him: “Your prayersand gifts of mercyhave ascended as a remembrance before God."

Cornelius didn't blame God for the people's condition... or look to anyone else to do something... but gave his OWN gifts [of mercy]. ALONG WITH HIS PRAYERS... such gifts "ascended as a REMEMBRANCE"... of HIM (Cornelius)... TO God. By such gifts... Cornelius engaged in WORKS... the DEMONSTRATED... his FAITH. He "exercised"... faith.

May those who have ears... hear... and get the SENSE of this truth. May those who don't have ears... but wish them... be granted them so as to hear... and get the sense.

Again, peace... to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Colonel always talks to me..

"OUTLAW you need a 4piece combo with frys,salad and Gravy..Don`t forget the Gravy!!"..

"Make it a Take out Order"..

"That way you can go home and have a Beer or 3 with your KFC"..

Thats what he says..It`s always the same dam message..

I listen Cuz the..

Colonel knows Jesus..

Jesus-Colonel-Sanders-892.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest, would you mind naming names?

Sorry, but no, dear Uber (again, peace to you!). No reason to be so unkind and specifically "out" anyone on it. For that reason, I purposefully didn't keep track and so it would just require too much for me to go back and read through to determine. I think the record stands for itself, though, with the various "errors" and "corrections" stated (as well as uncorrected statements and assertions) and so you could most probably go back and look just as easily as I could. If you are NOT among those, then the errors should be obvious to you... or at least cause you to raise an eyebrow and think you might need to ask... someone...

So, again, peace to you... and "happy hunting" (if you take the task on)!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• undercover
    undercover

Yay, Poopsie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit