An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

THE GOD THAT IS ELSEWHERE IS THE ANTI-CHRIST

There will be that effort of the Dark Forces to cause entities to believe that they are separate from God, that God is there, and they are here. The God that is elsewhere is the Antichrist, and the God that is within is the one true God.

I believe all those starving or injured children who died, and lost that "spark'' of life, passed on to another plane and returned back to the Divine. I believe we all have the spark or light emanation of the Divine. That is who we really are. Our light within is part of that Divine Being.

You cannot ask the question Who Am I Really?

This indicates it is only when you answer that question with a presumption that you know who you are, it is only then that you stifle your spiritual development. The answer in words is simple, Who in fact are you really? You are the reflection of God. You are the microcosmic reflection of the macrocosmos., that in understanding this answer, you may think that you have the answer to the riddle. This indicates that is far from the truth, for the answer lies not in the words. The answer lies in the realization of Who you are, is that which must be lived each moment for eternity in order to have the answer with you eternally.

Shana

• talesin
    talesin

How many of us know of parents who have kids and then abuse them, still expecting their children to love them? How many mothers "look the other way" when their daughters are being molested by their partners?

I feel about as much respect for "GOD", who allows his 'children' to be tortured for millenia, as I do for those parents.

In fact, if there is a "God", and it is omnipotent, then it disgusts me for putting its children in such a perilous position.

No, the argument doesn't hold water for me.

tal

• tec
    tec

So what do you all suggest that God do?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I was driving behind a woman who saw a turtle in the road in front of her. As she swerved to miss it, she hit it and it went flying, as she had not rolled over it, but hit it on it's edge. She might have missed it all together if she had done nothing. It is not possible for God to act and make more suffering. I don't know what is going to happen. But I do know that when Jesus spoke it was in a way that caused something better, not something worse. As you are sure there is not a god who cares, I am sure there is.

He gave them time to repent but they were not willing.

• watson
    watson
    So what do you all suggest that God do?

Nothing....it's too late. At least too late to improve it's reputation.

• watson
    watson

After all, according to the WT, that's what it's all about.

• N.drew
    N.drew

What about the first flower appearing in an area devastated by nuclear fallout?

• satinka
    satinka

Ask Monsanto.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We could ask 'what about' questions all day Drew. It is meaningless.

If God is omnipotent HE should act. But if he is not there, he cannot. Simple as that.

And it's not just a matter of God not acting as I would have him act - no. It is about God [if he is there, or if he cares] acting because he can and it is the right thing to do. Yet nothing. There is nothing to defend in his actions - for there are no actions to behold from him are there?

As for your 'illustration' above - that is just plain SICK! Who would want to worship an 'almighty' who allowed man to kill innocents by the millions with a nuclear war or even to allow them to create such weapons, then show his presence with the growth of a flower. WOW!

By contrast Dennis Rader looks like a saint compared to your 'loving god'.

Jeff

• tec
    tec

Does anyone have any suggestions to what He should do?

(Watson, I'm not too worried about what anything is 'according to the WT'...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit