An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• ssn587
    ssn587

trust God just which one are you talking about, many countries have different Gods and asking them to ignore them and honor just your god borders on the ridiculous. Starvation is terrible, but people are saying we can fix it, well that is just BS, we can't, you would have to get all peoples world wide to participate and that just isn't going to happen.

How in the heck can one even get the political entities of the world to cooperate? It just won't happen, i try and do my part in helping those in need and have been supporting 7 different familes for over 30 years. It began as the Parents, then the kids, and now am supporting grandkids. Believe me they are very appreciative, If it wasn't for my help who knows what would have happened to them? so if one is concerned about peoples situational starvation well step up to the plate and start helping out individual familes, it won't cure starvation, but it will help some eat and live better.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Where was GOD when the earthquakes killed thousands these past centuries

Where was GOD when tsunamis hit and killed thousands

Where was GOD when mudslides caused by downpours wipes out countless villages killing thousands of people

None of these events are caused by mankind

smiddy

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Oh but smiddy, our religious friends will say, you just don't get God's plan. He is testing us - allowing these tests will show who has 'faith' in him.

The point of this thread was that one of the three conditions must be true, by reasonable consideration. If he IS - he/she don't give a shit. Or else he ain't.

Seems simple.

If you walked into a house with starving children, and many of hte children screamed out that "Daddy cares, he will show up someday, I have never seen him, there is no real evidence that he ever was to here to begin with - but that dusty ole' Jewish folklore book in the corner says so" - well there is no doubt what would have to be done. Same with this earth. If we want to feed all the starving children - then it will be up to us exactly 100%. Daddy ain't shown so far, and he ain't showin'!

So far, the argument presented holds water. There has been no sensible statement to refute it that I have seen.

Jeff

• tec
    tec

The point of this thread was that one of the three conditions must be true, by reasonable consideration.

But that is a limited understanding, that not everyone shares.

If I had to choose from your three, it would be number two - to a limited degree... because of all the many variables. Are people praying to God? What are they praying for... do you know? How might a god answer contradictory prayers? What makes us think that our prayers should be answered on our timeline, when He is the one who can see all possible outcomes to acting or not acting at any given time? Were we ever even promised a good life in the first place, or were we warned that in this life, there would be suffering?

And again, why is there suffering? Because of OUR decisions.

I'm sure there are variables that I cannot even think of.

Peace,

Tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK I have had ENOUGH. Get out of the god damn tribulation. What are you waiting for?

• jay88
    jay88

The sum of this thread:

All things of love and goodness, come from "god"

All things NOT of love and goodness, comes from us(humanity), even natural disasters and chronic illness.

PSOC

• bob1999
    bob1999

I look at it this way, without God we would have no life at all.

So blaming God is like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Do you want no life at all or this one with it's troubles?

Peace

• N.drew
    N.drew

bob1999 Peace! True! Simply put is best and should be enough. Why is it not enough?

Because people love to make trouble? And other people love to fix it? Both are selfish.

Genesis 6:12 "all flesh had ruined its way on the Earth."

• clarity
    clarity

What is the issue? Universal Sovereignty? Making gods name holy?

If we're talking about GOD, here, isn't it a given? He would be the most powerful!

Why does HE have to keep proving it? We know that by now! Another 1000yrs won't change much!

See Our father in the heavens, IS the toughest! IS the best! IS the biggest!

>

WE probably feel that way about our dad also. But darn, if he would't come running when we are suffering! Even if he was busy! Even if he said that he would'nt. He would'nt keep testing or sit back and watch us writhe in pain 'cause we did'nt sell magazines that morning or it just was not his prescribed time to come help ... well you know that everthing the bible says about the times, time, and a half a time .... has to be exactly to the second!!!! then he will come maybe, and grab all those rapists by the ears, and wipe the tears and blood off those poor babies and little kids! Or maybe not, ... can't break the rules, even tho He made them! After all what will all the angels in heaven think about god and his rulership?

What are they thinking about HIM right about now? DAD, for gods sake DO something.

clarity

• tec
    tec

All things of love and goodness, come from "god"

True.

All things NOT of love and goodness, comes from us(humanity), even natural disasters and chronic illness.

Things NOT of love and goodness don't come from God. That much I know. As for natural disasters and chronic illness (some do come from us, our ways of life, nutrition, radiation, environment, etc)... these things are part of the physical world. I don't know why. I don't know the consequences of anything changing. I don't have that kind of understanding or sight.

But those things would not matter IF we were spiritual beings who could also move in and out of a spirit/physical realm (put on and take off flesh) - as I believe we were meant to do... and will once again do at the time God has appointed by His own knowledge. (being like the angels in heaven)

Peace,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit