An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

Come out of hiding would be the first thing.

I don't think He is hiding, for one. But lets say that He is for argument's sake... if He popped up and said, hey there... what do you think would happen then?

Then use his 'awesome' god-powers for some good.

Specifics?

Peace,

Tammy

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Lets get back to the original premise. If he can't answer prayers - he isn't there. If he does not desire to answer prayers and allows massive suffering - well, then he is just a nasty somofabitch unworthy of any respect or another thought.

• N.drew
    N.drew

God fishing, AK - Jeff fishing, what's the difference?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I pray when the pain in my jaw flares up. It is something I can not bear. It goes away. Not in time and not with meds.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

15 millions starving children would like to know this year - before they die.

He is hiding isn't he? Or he isn't there.

How can any other conclusion be reached?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Maybe they believe you before they believe Jesus.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Try this Drew. Next time your jaw flares up, pray to Joe Pesci instead of God. Prayers to Pesci seem to have about the same result - around 50% yes, the other half no. Plus, you can put a face with the name.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Who?

• sizemik
    sizemik

I'm sure we've all read the quote . . .

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

- Epicurus

In most developed countries it is actually a crime to fail to render assistance to someone in peril, because it's universally seen as immoral. Clearly we have a higher standard of morality for ourselves than we do for God . . . or that God does for himself.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Maybe they believe you before they believe Jesus.

Meaning what? Jesus looks down and sees this little infant boy dying in his mother's arms in Africa, in a place where Jesus has not been heard of before, and decided the infant might as well die then, since he had no faith in me? OMG. You are one sick bastard. You deserve your evil god. Good night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit